

Track Listing:
Side A:
Sleigh Ride White Christmas
The Village Of St. Bernadette
My Favorite Things
I'll Be Home For Christmas
Angels We Have Heard On High/Silent Night/O Come All Ye Faithful
Side B:
Do You Hear What I Hear?
Lullaby For Christmas Eve
The Christmas Song
Mistletoe And Holly
The Christmas Waltz
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen-It Came Upon A Midnight Clear (Adeste Fideles)-The First Noel
41 comments:
THanks for sharing this. This was my all-time favorite Christmas record as a kid growing up in the 60's and early 70's.
Dave
This is a great album. Many Thanks for sharing this with us.
This was a favorite of mine also. I also have his "A Jack Jones Christmas Album RCA LSP-4234", but my record has a couple tracks that have some bad skips. Hopefully, I will find a better copy of this album
Susan, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. My mother used to play this album in the late 60's and my brothers and myself would gather around the stereo listen and enjoy! We love this album. I had it on cassette but couldn't transfer it over to cd. Now I can put it on my IPOD, and it it very good quality. This has been a blessing to me and my family! I also liked what you wrote in your profile. We should act like Christmas is 365 days a year. We have been blessed with so much that we take for granted, we need to help those that aren't as fortunate as we are! GOD Bless you and Merry Christmas!
Love his version of Sleigh Ride, also. It's the best. No one comes close, not male singers anyway.
This album was one my parents favorite and played on LP when I was a child. I still remember recording it from LP to cassette for my mother. I have been looking for this album on CD or digital for years particularly for one song - Lullaby for Christmas Eve as I remember playing it and rocking my first daughter on her first Christmas Eve to it. My mother passed away earlier this year, unfortunate it took me this long to find it as I would have had this made for her to play as a CD but still glad I found it for sentimental purposes. Besides, some of the song versions on this album are great and are a great addition to any set of Christmas favorites. Thanks for making this available, my kids are older now but Lullaby for Christmas Eve will once again be played again this Christmas Eve.
Susan, Thank-You SOOOOO much. This albulm and my Gene Autry "Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer" were my two favorite christmas albulms as a kid. "Misletoe and Holly" reminds me of my mom bringing out the christmas trunk with all the decorations, and my brother and i decorating the tree and then laying under it to see the lights. "The village of St.Bernadette" made me cry! I had forgotten about that song, and a flood of christmas memories came back when i heard it. It's probably been 27, 28 years since i've heard this. I love the needle on the record, it sounds just the way it did when i was a kid!. Thank-You for the albulm jacket too, I remember staring at it, and the sleeve inside. I can still remember the smell of the jacket :) I made copies for my brother and dad. I hope they have the same great feeling about it as i do. Merry Christmas!!
I see this LP meant a lot to others as well as me. My Dad's LP was the original 1964 MONO with the Christmas Tree Cover. Unfortunately that cover has disappeared over the last 44 years. I found a great copy of this on ebay about 3 years ago. I have my Dad's old LP, but I wore it out pretty badly playing it so many times over and over in the 1960's. Between this, W. T. Grant's Volume 4 & 5, and a couple of the J C Penney LPs I have a ton of memories of a very happy childhood at Christmas time. Thanks again!!!
Dave
Sorry for not getting back to everyone recently. I need to check my earlier posts more often. I'm trying to get the original release of this album as the artwork is different but the songs are the same. I've only seen it once on eBay but it was already gone when I found it. Glad this post brings back so many wonderful memories for everyone.
I've been searching for this album in mp3 format for some time and I was so pleased to find your page. It's my favorite Christmas album from my childhood growing up in the 60's. Many thanks for sharing this treasure and may your heart be filled with the Christmas spirit all year round.
I've been searching for this album in mp3 format for some time and I was so pleased to find your page. It's my favorite Christmas album from my childhood growing up in the 60's. Many thanks for sharing this treasure and may your heart be filled with the Christmas spirit all year round.
Hi Keven,
Thanks for visiting my blog and your comments. It's a pleasure posting these great classics for others to enjoy.
I stumbled on your site while recording the album to mp3 format. Like most of your feedback I to have found the album incredible. I found it in the bargain bin for 49 cents and found it to be one of the best for Christmas. Although I am of that era I never paid attention to Jack Jones very much. What a voice, a combination of Andy Williams and Mel Torme. The only Christmas album I bought new at that time was the Beach Boys Christmas, still in pristine condition (mono) Such a nice thing for you to do for those out there that miss that album and don't have the means to transfer to CD format. Merry Christmas (2009) to you in advance!
Hi Paul,
Thank you for your comments and visiting my blog. And a early Merry Christmas 2009 to you too.
Jack Jones has always been one of my top favorite singing artist's along with Andy Williams, Ed Ames, Johnny Mathis, Al Martino. Just to name a few.
Susan
i know this is a super old post but thank you so much for this, my favorite christmas album and im only 19
You're welcome, Glad to see that younger people are enjoying the Christmas Music that a lot of us older people grew up with.
The Christmas Music of today isn't like it was back when I was a child/adolescent and it really means a lot to us older folks.
Thanks for visiting my blog
Susan
Susan - this is my favorite Christmas Album of all time. I have my original one from when I was a child and one I purchased from Amazon 2 years ago. I've copied them to my computer but there are still scratch sounds. Is it true that I have to purchase a premium membership to RapidShare to download your version? Sadly they don't offer the album on CD.
Hi Buffy,
You should be able to download the file from Rapidshare without having a premium membership.
Usually, you have to wait about a minute after you click on the "Free User" icon. Occasionally, they have all their Free spots being used and will have to try a little later, but should still be able to download.
Susan
Thanks loads for Jack Jones singing "The Christmas Song". I have had it for years on my computer but it was very scratchy.
One item you are missing on your wonderful Christmas site is
"Paul Reid's The Littlest Angel"
I have uploaded it to Megaupload and here is the link (no password needed)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FXYTLHZT
Here is a link to the story of Paul Reid
http://paulreidchristmas.com/A_Paul_Reid_Christmas.html
Enjoy!
Hi Sindey98,
Thank you for visiting my blog.
Please don't take this the wrong way as I don't mean any disrespect. Is the link for the story of Paul Reid from your website?
The reason I ask is I could do a post showing the link to the website and could post the artwork on my blog too. But without permission from the website owner, I wouldn't want to to anything wrong.
I don't intentionally post something that someone else has posted. Usually if it was something I had thought about posting, I try to do a search and if I find it, I will do a post letting everyone here know where they can find it.
Sincerely,
Susan
The link to the Paul Reid story is from a website.
The mp3 I am offering you was found on the Internet in another blog.
I posted the link so that you would have an idea of who Paul Reid was.
Hi Sydney98,
Thank you so much. This does sound familiar to me but it I don't have it in my collection. I can't remember where I may have heard it before but, it was a long time ago.
Thanks once again.
Susan
Susan,
My favorite Christmas album as a child! I love all the songs but especially "Lullabye for Christmas." Thank you so much - my family and I have been looking for this for years & only found the cassette years ago but then it was "out of production!" Jack Jones should re-record it - he has no idea how many fans & friends still love this album & search for it! What a great Christmas present surprise for my families this will make- thank you thank you thank you!
You're so very welcome. It's a pleasure to help bring The Christmas Spirit to other people in the world.
I have on VHS and DVD, "The Judy Garland Show" Episode 15 which aired on CBS in December 1963 in which Jack Jones appeared. He has always been a favorite of mine.
I also have a few of his other albums in my collection.
Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas.
Enjoy.
Susan
Hi Susan,
I will be 44 at the end of December and finding this album will be one of the best presents I can think of. I haved loved this since I was a about 11 or 12 and remember playing it in album version when I got home from school before anyone else was home.
I too ssang Lullaby for Christmas to myfirst child on her first Christmas Eve, she is 12 now,(as of yesterday) and I still sing it to her every year only we have to share it with her 8 year old twin sisters too.
Thank you so much for this treasure.
Hi Dave,
Thanks so much for your comments and thank yo for visiting my blog.
Thank you for sharing some of cherished memories.
Susan
Wonderfull album, thank you so much, I feel I have something quite unique. Love Jack Jones my favorite christmas song is "The First Noel"
Thank you again and I hope you have a Happy Christmas and and a peacefull New Year
Bob
Hi Bob,
You're welcome and thanks for visiting my blog.
Wishing you and yours A very Merry Christmas and A Prosperous New Year.
Susan
Big thank you for posting this. I found an LP version of this a few years ago for $1 and break it out every year at Christmas. My parents played this for us growing up and I didn't realize til I was older how good the album is. I have kids of my own now so I hope I can pass the LP on to them when they're older (not easy to find it appears).
Hi Jason,
You're very welcome and I thank you for visiting my blog.
Hope this helps make everyone's Christmas a little brighter.
This is a very hard album to find in playable condition.
I have both Mono & Stereo versions of this album as well as two copies of "A Jack Jones Christmas" RCA Records released in 1969.
For my blog, I had to use both albums to get a complete set of songs as one was used by a radio station and some of the tracks were in bad shape. They also wrote on the album and jacket "Intro" and "Play" for some of the tracks.
I have a few of his other albums too but they are available on CD.
One of my favorite songs/albums when I was a child was "Dear Heart"
Susan
OMG! I was so glad to find this album when I googled it-Thank You sooo much for posting this album and allowing it to be downloaded so easily! Like many others have said, I grew up with this album in the 60's. The quality and substance of the album is unmatched by almost all of today's artists. I strongly wish this album would be played at stores (I work at a grocery store)and on the RADIO instead of the junk and kiddie stuff they play over and over. I guess they feel "safe" playing Rudolph and Frosty and songs about snow- none of which have to do with Christmas. Jack Jones' version of "Do you hear what I hear?" is strong and just the best! Always loved "Sleigh Ride"!- it just stays in your mind. This album tells the real story of Christmas. My other favorite is PERRY COMO's Christmas album, where he's holding an ornament on the cover--it should still be available at record stores- a must have! I remember proudly taking the album to school to let the teacher play it during a break we had in 5th grade-and she thoroughly enjoyed it. Also made a cassette copy of my vinyl which the boss at the office used to play, along with Andy Wlliams' Christmas Album from '77, and Al Martino's Silver Bells. Can't tell you how happy I am to have a digital version of it now that I can play on my ipod over my car speakers! What a treat and Blessing! I'm sure God has and will bless you for doing this favor! This is a great Christmas Gift for me! So, Happy Christmas to You and Thank You so much!!
Hi Bob,
You're welcome and thank you for visiting my blog and for your wonderful comments.
Jack Jones' album has generates so much response.
I'm glad it brings back such wonderful memories for everyone.
Happy Christmas to you too.
Susan
I'm wondering if Sydney98 could re-share the aul Reid link. I just tried his, and it says I need a pasword to downl0oad it. Thanks.
BTW - I had a friend send me a CD copy of this recording that he had on Prerecorded Reel To Reel. I never realized that Factory Made Reel To Reels sounded so great. Nearly as clear as a CD copy.
Dave
Hi Dave,
Years ago I worked as a secretary for a professional sound recording company and the quality of Reel-to-Reel tapes couldn't be beat at the time. I have a few tapes that I would love to hear again as they have my mother's voice on them but alas I don't have a player anymore.
When I tried the download for Paul Reid a few months ago it worked fine for me so I don't know what is going on with it. Perhaps you could "Google" or some other search engine for Paul Reid.
Susan
Thanks Susan. I just tried it again, and I still get the message that this file requires a password.
Dave
Hi Dave, I've tried to email you but when I go to your page it says something about bandwidth exceeded. Could you email me please? When I clicked the Paul Reid link it was a couple months ago.
Susan
I don't find your email anywhere. Mine is DavesWorld56 AT MSN DOT COM.
Dave
Hi Dave, I thought it would be in my profile, but I sent you an email anyways from my AOL email account.
But the email for me is ChrstmsForever@GMail.com
Susan
Susan, I can't thank you enough for this. This was my Mom's favorite Christmas music/Album and subsequently became mine. Why it does not get re-mastered and issued for sale is a big mystery to me. I've looked for this periodically every year or so. This means SO VERY MUCH to me. THANK YOU and a Merry Christmas!
Kathryn
You're welcome Kathryn. Thanks for visiting my blog.
A lot of people I know have written to record companies asking them to release a lot of the older records on CD and they have no interest in it as they feel people won't buy them.
I guess they feel that the younger people today are more interested in Mariah Carey or some other current artist that they won't buy someone they've never heard of before and being a lot of radio stations don't play a lot of the older stuff anymore the people may never get the chance to hear this wonderful music.
Susan
Post a Comment