Countdown to Christmas 2018

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Johnny Cole and His Chorus - Wishing You A Merry Christmas

Johnny Cole and His Chorus - "Wishing You A Merry Christmas" Crown Records CLP 5132 Released in 1959. I love the album jacket. Though it doesn't look like it in the picture, it reminds me of shiny foil wrapping paper. I did my best to eliminate pips and pops, but there is a defect in the vinyl (air bubble) and though the music doesn't skip, where the defect is, it sounds like a scratch.


Track listing is as follows:
Side One
Twas The Night Before Christmas
Shepherds
I Wonder As I Wander
Ring Out Wild Bells
Here We Go Awassailing
The Shepherds Carol
Bring A Torch Jeanette Isabella
Santa Claus Get Your Letter
Side Two
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
Jingle Bells
Auld Lang Syne
Oh Tannenbaum
12 Days Of Christmas
Silent Night
The First Noel

13 comments:

Ryan said...

Thanks for posting this. I have a similiar album (though just 12 tracks) from Johnny Cole and his chorus that I'd recorded for my blog Hi-Fi Holiday. I'll be sharing it out this Christmas season. Thanks again!

ronjosiah said...

Dear Susan:

I can't seem to download this LP. Maybe it expired or what not, I just don't know. I need your help. I just want to enjoy this album and add it to my collection. Take care and thanks.

Ronnie

Susan said...

Hi Ronnie,

You're welcome. I tried downloading the file and it worked for me, but I decided to upload a ZIP file for this album. I didn't re rip the album so it's still at 192 bitrate but you shouldn't have any problem trying to download.

Susan

Unknown said...

Everybody should download a copy of WinRAR. There are free versions on the internet.

Susan said...

Hi Robbie,

That's what I use, but the free versions give you that annoying message asking you to purchase it after 40 days. Still works great though.

Susan

Unknown said...

thank you so much for thhis wonder cd.

Susan said...

Hi Rui Pedro. You're welcome and thanks for visiting my blog. Enjoy.

Susan

Diane said...

I was trying to copy an old cassette tape that was a copy of an old vinyl record, but the sound was awful. Just for the heck of it I googled "Johnny Cole" and found you. But I am technologically illiterate enough to not see how to download this record from your blog. Please tell me what I am missing. Thank you, and thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Hi Diane,

Thanks for visiting my blog. Could you please email me at chrstmsforever@gmail.com and I can try and help you.

Thank you.

Susan

SMOKEDDOOM said...

Dear,Susan!Pls.re-upload this record!Link is dead!Superb blog!Thx!

Susan said...

SMOKEDDOOM,

Thanks for visiting my blog. You're welcome

it's been fixed. It must've been deleted from lack of usage.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Hello!
The links for this album seem to have expired again. Is there any chance for another re-upload?
Thanks - you have an excellent blog!

Susan said...

Anonymous, Unfortunately, all the links are gone. If you read the last post I did on March 1, 2011, it explains everything. I know this has upset some people, but I just can't risk any trouble with the DMCA people and have to pay fines or even have to do jail time. It just isn't worth it. I tried to do something nice for people and other people have to go and ruin it for the ones who truly appreciated what I was doing here. But again, I can't take any risks so my blog will stay the way it is without any links and therefore it will be an informational blog only. I doubt that I will be adding anything else to it.

I'm so sorry, but this is how it has to be. I'm sure if you search for other blogs, you will find this being someone reposted everything here all over the Internet so it will turn up again, just not from me this time around.

Susan