I can remember going to Radio Shack when, I believe, they were giving these away. (I don't remember if I had to purchase something or not to get the record.) I was only 10 at the time. I played this record every day until Christmas that year. The 2 records that are in bad shape are still playable, but very scratchy and I wrote all over the labels. I wish I would've known the value that these records would become, but alas, it wasn't until my later teens that I started taking better care of my records.


Track Listing:
Side 1:
Julie Andrews - Jingle Bells
Vic Damone - It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
Side 2:
Jack Jones - Joy To The World
Marian Anderson - We Wish You A Merry Christmas

5 comments:
Hi, I just found your site today and was happy to see this EP. I had it as a kid and lost it somehow in a move. It brought back some great memories. Thanks for sharing.
Hi Susan , just left you a blog on the mono sight. the records you display here are actually made for home and jukebox use also. I have a 1973 Rowe AMI jukebox that plays 45s but has an adapter that when it selects a record such as the ones you have displayed changes the speed to 33/13. Pretty Cool, huh?
Hi Paul,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I miss the old jukeboxes. The ones today, though they are capable of playing a lot more music being on CD or maybe even MP3 format. One of the "Denny's" Restaurant's in my area use to have one that still played 45's and I think on Tuesday night's they had a 50's night.
Susan
I also have in the house a 1954 Seburg that at Christmas time I fill with all Christmas 45s. Some rare songs that are fun to hear but it is a chore to change out all the 45s at once, including a wall box , so you're changing 50 records and 100 title strips. Still it is worth it to hear the traditional songs of the season.
Hi Paul, Several years ago, a local oldies radio station restored a vintage jukebox (don't remember the make) and had a contest were people could play one record and if it was the correct song for the contest, they would win the jukebox. It ended up being "No One Knows" by Dion & the Belmonts
Susan
Post a Comment