

Track Listing
Side One:
01 Hugo and Luigi's Children's Chorus - We Wish You A Merry Christmas
02 Arthur Fiedler/Boston Pops Orchestra - Sleigh Ride
03 Skitch Henderson - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing / God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
04 Chet Atkins - Little Drummer Boy
05 Sergio Franchi - Oh Little Town of Bethlehem
06 The Robert Shaw Chorale - We Three Kings
Side Two:
01 Ed Ames - Silent Night
02 Henry Mancini, His Orchestra and Chorus - White Christmas
03 Florence Henderson - My Favorite Things
04 Dick Leibert-Radio City Music Hall Choral Ensemble - The Nativity-Silent Night - Cantique de Noel - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Adeste Fideles
6 comments:
I clearly remember buying this record at the old Gerber's Hardware in Oak Park IL...must have been Dec 1967. Along with a handful of other must-hear Christmas albums, "Happy Holidays Vol. 3" became a yearly tradition and Christmas just wasn't Christmas without it. It's wonderful to hear it again (as well as all the other volumes which I never owned). A million thank yous for posting these!
Hi Stormy,
You are welcome. These albums bring back a lot of wonderful memories from Christmas past. Times were much simpler then. Thanks for visiting my blog.
From Hugo to Dick, they're all pretty slick! Danke & Frohe Festtage!
Hi Blue, Though I had to use an online translation dictionary, I wanted to say
"Sie sind sehr willkommen und derselbe zu Ihnen"
My family heritage is actually Scandinavian, but the language hasn't been spoken in my family for a few generations.
Susan
Susan!!!
I know its end of March, almost April but I have to say, this stuff is just Fa-Boo! I love it and I have friends that kinda laugh at me as I am 28 and just love this stuff but I don't care. This music is wonderful for all. No matter what time of year it gives you the holiday spirit everyone SHOULD have all year. you do a WONDERFUL job with these albums, simply goregous. Thank you so much! I have shared much of your stuff with my parents, and to see the smile on their faces....means the absolute world to me. I know, I am a Christmas music junkie but I did get that gene from somewhere...they love this year round.
sorry it is a long winded version of THANK YOU!!!!!!
Maureen
Hi Maureen,
You're welcome and thank you for visiting my blog. I also thank you for your comments.
This blog has been helpful to many people all over the world and though I know it won't change all that is going on in the world, if it helps just one person understand what Christmas is about and help to keep the Spirit of Christmas alive throughout the year, it is well worth it.
Thanks once again for your comments.
Susan
Post a Comment