Countdown to Christmas 2018

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Value - True Value Happy Holidays

Value - True Value Hardware Stores Happy Holidays - Columbia Records CSP 242 (1965) I have volumes 1-24 out of 25 on vinyl and hope to get volume 25 in the near future. The rest of the series up to 40, I believe were only released on cassette or CD.


Track listing:
Side One
01 Norman Luboff - Deck The Hall with Boughs of Holly
02 Skitch Henderson - Sleigh Ride
03 Patti Page - The Lamp Is Low
04 Jerry Vale - I'll Be Home For Christmas
05 Andre Kostelanetz - MEDLEY: Let It Snow!, It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas
Side Two
01 Ray Conniff - Frosty The Snowman
02 Jo Stafford - Baby, It's Cold Outside
03 Bobby Vinton - White Christmas
04 Les Brown - I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
05 Billy Butterfield - Moonlight In Vermont
06 Lester Lanin - Winter Wonderland

5 comments:

Dave said...

Thanks. I look forward to your remaining shares. I have Volumes 29, 30, 32, 34, 36, 37 and 40 that I'll be sharing at my Forum eventually. So far I've already shared 29, 32, 36, 37 and 40 there.

I also have still sealed copies of LP Volumes 11, 15, 19, 20 and 23 that you will save me the time of having to rip myself. Thanks again.

Dave

Susan said...

Hi Dave, You're most welcome. I had volume 25 on cassette and transferred it to CD, but it was too loud so everything is distorted. I can't find the cassette but am still hoping to purchase volume 25 on vinyl in the near future.

Inkydog said...

Susan,

Sorry you had been under the weather. Glad to see you're back in action. Thanks for the shares!

The Blue Carbuncle said...

Starting to snag this series and trying to listen as I go ... it's off to a great start. Thanks for the post.

Susan said...

Hi Blue,

You're welcome. There are a lot of great artist's in this series that you just don't hear anymore, and several are next to impossible to find and then find them in playable condition. Just wish I had started them at a higher bitrate (not that they don't sound that bad at 128kb or 192kb. Enjoy.

Susan

Susan