The Best of Christmas in July from 2025
-
Well, here we are at the end of another great season of Christmas in July.
But before I go, I wanted to share this one last thing with a you, a
collectio...
1 week ago
7 comments:
Thanks!
Hi Yulie2, You're welcome. Hope it sounds better than the previous upload.
Hey Susan,
Thought you and some others might be interested in this if you don't use it already http://tinyurl.com/kkhs5p
Wow! I was the one who commented on the previous rip, and I just want to say that this new rip, with no suppression, IS the beautiful sound of a Christmas LP! It is full of richness, depth, warmth, color, fidelity and presence. I can't thank you enough, and I'm looking forward to your shares especially now!
Thank you. Of the few that I did use background noise removal on, the only one that didn't sound right is this one. Most of my previous post were done without removing background noise and turntable rumble and they sounded ok, but I really noticed this on the Jackie Gleason "All I Want For Christmas" and when I re ripped it, it did make a difference.
Before I re ripped "Christmas Is the Warmest Time of the Year" I tried cleaning the vinyl again, but when I tried to remove the background noise it still sounded tinny. I'm guessing it might be specific to the vinyl itself for this album as I haven't had this problem with other albums.
I discovered that I made a note that a similar audio problem showed up in your rip of A JACK JONES CHRISTMAS (RCA Victor LSP-4234, 1969), which you shared out last December -- just in case you wanted to check that out.
Thanks for pointing this out to me. I did listen to the tracks on my computer and these were done at 128Kb without background noise suppression.
There are actual defects (air bubbles) in the vinyl that sound like big pops when the stylus goes over that particular spot.
The particular tracks are Some Children See Him, Little Alter Boy, Christmas Is..., Oh Happy Day and Silver Bells.
I do have 2 copies of this album and they both have air bubbles in the vinyl. The one I used for the original post was the better of the 2. When I try to remove the big pops, some get muffled. Other than that, I didn't notice anything that sounded tinny.
If I get time, I will try to re rip A JACK JONES CHRISTMAS (RCA Victor LSP-4234, 1969), and will do a post reflecting so.
Post a Comment