Countdown to Christmas 2018

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Please don't use my blog for Advertising/SPAM

Hello, everyone,

Please don't use my blog for Advertising/SPAM. I have had a few comments posted that Ive deleted because they were not related to anything in my blog.

If you are a fellow Music Blogger, please feel free to mention your blog in the comments section.

I don't want to change comments to be approved before they will be posted.

There are plenty of other places online where one can Advertise for free. Please be respectful of others and remember courtesy for Christmas Forever Favorite Christmas Records

Thank you

20 comments:

redjeepchick said...

Hello...I'm looking for a fan just like you to help me find an album.

Late 60s, no vocals, just synth Christmas songs - Good King Wenceslas among them.

Any thoughts?! I'd love to describe an album cover, but my father's friend copied the album on reel-to-reel and filled in blank tape with Glen Campbell's 1968 Christmas album (which I recall quit in the final bars of No Place Like Home).

Thank you!

Susan said...

Hi Sheryl.

You're welcome and thanks for visiting my blog Off the top of my head I can't think of anything, but if you could describe the album a little more, maybe other songs that were on the album, etc... I have a few Instrumental albums from the late 1960's and early 1970's.

Susan

redjeepchick said...

This would have been late 60s, only synth instumental Christmas tunes. I can only remember Good King Winceslas - and to my child ears, it sounded like the sound a caterpillar would make if it were translated to music.

Years later when I first heard Mannheim Steamroller and Trans Syberian Orchestra, it was the same 'whole new twist' to familiar holiday tunes.

redjeepchick said...

I just figured it out! Douglas Leedy - A Very Merry Electric Christmas - 1969. :D

Susan said...

Hi Sheryl,

Our friends over at A Christmas Yule Blog
Our friends over a have what you're looking for.

Just copy and paste the link below:

http://christmasyuleblog.blogspot.com/2007/07/douglas-leedy-very-merry-electric.html

Hope this is helpful to you.

Susan

redjeepchick said...

Thank you so much!! I'm jazzed (pardon the pun) to head in to the season with something from my past!

Best of Christmas to you and yours!!

ronjosiah said...

Dear Susan:

I hope you will be posting new Christmas albums for us to enjoy, now that Christmas is so near. Take care. Best wishes.

Ronnie

Susan said...

Hi Ronnie,

I hope to start posting after Thanksgiving. Still unpacking and going through things and just haven't had time to start any records yet.

Best wishes to you too.

Susan

Susan said...

Hi Sheryl,

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Best of Christmas wishes to you and yours.

Susan

Unknown said...

wow, still getting the crummy comments with links and ads huh?

Susan said...

Hi Robbie,

Alas, yes... It can be a pain, especially if I don't see it when it happens and it's there for awhile so other visitors to my blog can see them too.

I really don't want to put comments back on moderation as it will discourage people from leaving comments too.

Oh well, hopefully it won't happen too often.

Susan

ronjosiah said...

Dear Susan:

After thanksgiving? That's three days to go...Yahoo! I sure am looking forward to this. Best wishes.

Ronnie

Susan said...

Hi Ronnie,

Thank you and best wishes to you too.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Susan,

Thanks for all you have done.

I have been trying to find the song by The Ames Brother called
"C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S" It verse starts C is for the Christ Child born on Christmas day. It does this type of thing with each letter of Christmas.

It was on a vinyl record. I can not find it. Can you help me out on this?

Thanks
Lee Hawkins

Anonymous said...

The Ames Brothers, "There'll Always Be A Christmas", RCA Victor LPM 1541 is what you're looking for....he said, jumping right in there...:-)

Susan said...

Hi Lee, Again, you're welcome and thanks for visiting my blog.

Thanks anonymous for adding the info for this album too. I had posted a reply to Lee on my True Value Happy Holidays Volume 25 post where he first asked about the song "C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S"

This album has been released on CD by Taragon Records.

Susan

darnall 42 said...

These Spammers Are A Pain In The A** :)

Susan said...

Hi Darnall,

Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, they are and it just wastes my time and others time too.

I try to check my email several times a day as I receive emails when a comment has been placed and this way I can respond to them more promptly.

Beforehand, I was going back through all my posts as I found some comments that I hadn't responded to that had been there for a month or two.

Hopefully I can catch some of this SPAM before too many people read it. But it is a pain to have to put up with it

This isn't the place for such stuff.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Susan,

Most of that spam is not from actual people, but spam bots that learn how to log in to Blogger to post. There should be some security measures to help you block that.

Brad

Susan said...

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the advice. I just don't see anything in my Blogger settings that could stop it.

I just deleted the comment someone left after yours as it was all in Chinese or Japanese or something with a hyperlink to who knows where.

Thanks again.

Susan