Hello friends. Well, here it is!!!!
This is the third cassette (no particular order) of Christmas Music I taped off the radio. It was sometime in the 1980's and being the tape is over 20 years old, the audio fades in and out slightly in a couple of spots but not too bad.
This was a transfer from one of my BETA or VHS tapes. It is part of a 36 hour Christmas Music broadcast. I found this tape when I was unpacking stuff after our move.
I didn't have a DOLBY Cassette Deck at the time so the audio is somewhat hissy, but still listenable I did do a light hiss removal, but it took at least 10 minute to do each side because of the file size.
This cassette is a C-90 (45 minutes on each side) but is actually about 47 minutes each side.
On side one, there are three songs the I can't remember who the artists are and on side two, there are five songs that I can't think of the artist.
I know who they are, but just can't think of them right now.
I've tried going through my albums and play them to compare, but who I thought it might be wasn't lol.
I included a text file of the track listing but after I had already uploaded the compressed file, I noticed a couple "typos" and fixed them in this post only, not in the text file that is included in the compressed file (sorry, I didn't notice it before I did the upload)
If anyone can help identify the missing artist, please let me know. Thanks so much.
Enjoy!!!
Side One
Ray Conniff - Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
Johnny Mathis/Gladys Knight - When A Child Is Born
The Beach Boys - Auld Lang Syne
WEZF-FM 92.9 Station Promo/Chittenden Bank Promo
Zamfir? - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
Anne Murray - O Holy Night
The Supremes - Silver Bells
Mormon Tabernacle Choir (not sure) - It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
Roger Whittaker - The Twelve Days of Christmas
WEZF-FM 92.9 Station Promo/Chittenden Bank Promo
Harry Belafonte - Mary's Boy Child
unsure of artist - The First Noel
Carpenters - Little Altar Boy
Willie Nelson - Jingle Bells
WEZF-FM 92.9 Station Promo/Chittenden Bank Promo
Anne Murray - Joy To The World
Ray Conniff - Frosty The Snowman
Andre Previn - O Little Town of Bethlehem
Amy Grant - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
John Denver - What Child Is This (tape runs out just after song starts)
Side Two
John Denver - What Child Is This
Vienna Boys Choir? - The Little Drummer Boy (not Harry Simeone)
WEZF-FM 92.9 Station Promo/Chittenden Bank Promo
Johnny Mathis - Toyland
unsure of artist - Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming (not James Last)
The Lettermen - White Christmas
Nat King Cole - The First Noel
unsure of artist - Winter Wonderland
WEZF-FM 92.9 Station Promo/Chittenden Bank Promo
Amy Grant - A Mighty Fortress Is Our God/Angels We Have Heard On High
Brenda Lee - Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
Andre Previn - What Child Is This
Anne Murray - Winter Wonderland
Roger Williams - Deck The Halls
WEZF-FM 92.9 Station Promo/Chittenden Bank Promo
Bing Crosby - I'll Be Home For Christmas
Percy Faith - We Need A Little Christmas Now
Julie Andrews with Andre Previn - God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
Arthur Feidler - Here We Come A-Caroling/O Christmas Tree/I Saw Three Ships
We Three Kings (tape runs out just after song starts)
Christmas Music Taped off the Radio Three
The Best of Christmas in July from 2025
-
Well, here we are at the end of another great season of Christmas in July.
But before I go, I wanted to share this one last thing with a you, a
collectio...
1 week ago
6 comments:
Thank you for what you are doing -- preserving Christmas memories. Found your site today after googling True Value Christmas LP's. I remember listening to them as a kid. Great, great memories.
Hi John,
You're welcome and thanks for visiting my blog. It's nice feeling to bring back memories for other people, and help keep the Spirit of Christmas alive throughout the year.
Susan
Good collection!!!
Happy Christmas
Hi QualityPoint Technologies,
You're very welcome.
Thanks for visiting my blog. Just wish I could've taped all my favorite songs that were on the radio when I was a child and teenager. It would be nice to hear the old station ID's along with the music.
I know I have a few 2 inch Reel-to-Reel tapes that I used when I was a teenager, but it was a battery operated portable and I don't have a tape recorder to even try to listen to them.
Susan
Wow! Your True Value Records are an amazing collection!
I agree with Susan about the station ids. I have about 10 hours of music recorded in 1984-1987 from an easy listening station in the Twin Cities called WAYL. It is so great to hear the weather forecast and the station id. They played 33 hours (or 36 hours some years) of continuous, commercial free christmas music.
I have begun to attempt to identify all of the songs and artists on those radio tapes. Thanks to blogs like yours and Ernie (not bert) and Falalalala I have identified songs by Mantovani, Living Strings, London Sound 70 Orchestra, Andre Kostelanetz, George Jenkins, King Family, etc. I have identified about 20% of the artists so far, so the adventure continues.
Hi Birdman,
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments.
I've also found the other blogs very helpful in identifying songs and aiding me in my quest to find some of the vinyl I didn't already own.
One of the tapes I did off the radio wasn't playing Christmas music all the time during Christmas day, but it was still nice to have some of the songs from the radio when they played much more of the standards by the artists that made them.
Susan
Post a Comment