Countdown to Christmas 2018

Saturday, November 7, 2009

True Value Happy Holidays Volume 22

True Value Happy Holidays Volume 22 (1987) RCA Records DPL1-0777
Sorry that I missed this one folks. I thought I had posted it and maybe for some unknown reason it got deleted.


Track Listing:
Side One
01 Perry Como with the Ray Charles Singers - Medley: Here We Come A-Caroling; We Wish You A Merry Christmas; God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
02 Yuletide Choristers - That Christmas Feeling
03 Julie Andrews with the Orchestra, Harpsichord and Arrangements of Andre Previn - Away In A Manger
04 Ronnie Milsap - Silver Bells
05 Carpenters - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
06 The Lettermen - O Holy Night
Side Two
01 Dolly Parton - White Christmas
02 Living Voices - Flying Home For Christmas
03 Alabama - Homecoming Christmas
04 Crystal Gayle - Little Drummer Boy
05 Jose Feliciano - Feliz Navidad
06 Ella Fitzgerald - Silent Night

30 comments:

Sallie Neal said...

Awesome blog! I hope you'll check mine out, called "'Tis the Season". I have lots of rare Christmas movies and music that I'm posting. If you could help me get the word around, I'd appreciate it!

http://tobemerry.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

Thanks Sallie, You and I have very similar interests. Thanks for visiting my blog I
ve added your blog to the list I am following.

Susan

ronjosiah said...

Dear Susan:

Thanks, now my collection is complete. Best wishes always. Glad you are safely settled in your new place. Take care always.

Ronnie

Anonymous said...

File is no longer available for download as of Nov 09, 2009 @ 8:30am ... FYI

Susan said...

Hi Ronnie, You're welcome.

Anonymous, I don't know what is wrong I tried downloading it myself and got a message that it contained illegal content. I will try again later with a different file name or something. All the others that I uploaded before and after this one were ok so I don't know what is wrong.

Susan

Unknown said...

Hey Susan,

Rapidshare has blocked the file because it suspects it as being illegal content

Susan said...

I don't know what they would suspect as being illegal when they allow so much other stuff that I've seen on some blogs including current CD releases. Oh well, hopefully the new link will work.

Susan

Unknown said...

Hey Susan,

the link is still pointing to rapid share for some reason

Susan said...

Hi Robby, for some reason after I changed the link, it kept the same "html" information. but should be working fine now.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Still Rapishare with the illegal content block...
Mark W

The Blue Carbuncle said...

Great post Susan, mucho appreciation. Download worked fine @ Mega. Your vinyl rip was solid and I always love to see the back cover as well as the front included.

Susan said...

Hi Mark,

I double checked the link and it doesn't go to Rapidshare please try again.

Thank you

Susan

Susan said...

Hi Blue, You're welcome. I too like seeing both the front and back artwork. It just doesn't seem complete without it.

Susan

George Glass said...

Hopefully that will stop many bloggers from using rapidshare. Its the worst file sharing program for freebies. Kudos for using megaupload.

Susan said...

Hi Pete,

Thanks for visiting my blog. The more I think about it, I believe that Google may have also deleted my original post when I posted Volume 21 and 23 as I did them in order.

I don't know why as they allowed all the other ones and I clearly state in my disclosure if anyone has a claim to copyright to please let me know and I will remove the link.

Everything I post is long out of print.

They allow so much other stuff. I've generated some money for Rapidshare as several people decided to sign up for premium accounts with them so they don't have any wait time or slower download speed

Anonymous said...

megaload link is not working now. looks like i am a couple of weeks late here...

Susan said...

I don't know why Rapidshare and MegaUpload are deleting this file. Most of what is here, is in other files too. If someone is reporting my blog for something, it would be nice if they would let me they may have a Copyright on something so I could remove the file myself and do a post stating so. Rapidshare & MegaUpload just delete the file without telling me the reason.

Susan

Carlito said...

Hello new link for all ;-)

http://rapidshare.com/files/165747342/True_Value_Happy_Holidays_Vol._22.rar

Susan said...

Hi Carlito,

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Susan

Rootkick said...

Yay..got it..these are terrific albums.

Susan said...

Hi Rootkick,

Thank you for visiting my blog. Glad it worked for you.

Susan

Dave said...

"Susan said...
I don't know why Rapidshare and MegaUpload are deleting this file. Most of what is here, is in other files too. If someone is reporting my blog for something, it would be nice if they would let me they may have a Copyright on something so I could remove the file myself and do a post stating so. Rapidshare & MegaUpload just delete the file without telling me the reason.

Susan
"

I've found that both RapidShare and MegaCrapload are both bad about deleting files, and feeling like they have no obligation to let the uploader even know about it let alone why.

BTW Susan - for all of your readers. We now have compiled Volumes 23 - 40 at my YUKU Forum HERE. Anyone interested can Register Free with YUKU, and then you'll have to let me know that you found the forum through Susan's Blog. I had an Interent Troll problem at my Blog back in 2008, and I had to move all of my music sharing to the YUKU Forum because I can block the music sharing sections from Public view. So if you come join us you'll have to let me know who you are so that I can open up access to the music sharing areas for you.

Thanks again for this great blog Susan. I check it out every day for new shares.

Dave W.

Susan said...

Thanks Dave,

I have Volumes 29, 32, 34, 36 & 37 on Cassette.

The two links that a couple followers of my blog did for volume 22 seem to still be working.

Susan

Dave said...

That's great Susan. Volumes 23 -28, 30, 31, 33, 35, 38-40 either have been (or very soon will be) shared at my forum if you're interested. I wasn't sure about the others because you hadn't shared anything here above Volume 22.

Dave

Susan said...

Hi Dave,

Thanks Dave, Actually, I posted volumes 1 - 25 here on my blog as that is when they stopped releasing these on vinyl.

Volumes 23, 24 and 25 were posted in February 2009.

I posted them in order and then it was pointed out that I didn't post Volume 22.

I'm 99% sure I did as I made sure to post them in order, but when I went back the Volume 22 post was deleted.

When I re posted it, the file got deleted from RS so I tried MU and again it got deleted.

If you look at a couple later posts regarding volume 22 there are two download links that were still working as of today.

These were uploaded by fellow blogger's who downloaded them initially from my posts.

Susan

Kneigh said...

Susan, I wish to thank you ever so much for all the True Value Holiday albums!!! We had all the earlier ones when our kids were growing up, but they all got lost in a fire many moons ago :-(.

The kids still ask about them, and, even though they're long off the payroll, when we visit them at Christmas time, we'll now be able to bring back fond memories!!

Again, many, many thanx, Susan!!!

Kneigh

Susan said...

Hi Kneigh

You are very welcome and thanks for visiting my blog.

I myself really love this particular series and it had a lot of music that I grew up listening to at family gatherings for Christmas. Some I acquired from family, but others I had to find on eBay and Thrift Stores and was glad I was able to get all 25 that were released on vinyl.

They bring back very fond memories for me too.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Thank you again, Susan. Found another favorite album on your blog!
By any chance, do you know where I might find a copy of the 1974 Waltons' Christmas album in mp3 format??? Happy Holidays volumes 22 & 23 were often played alongside the Waltons' album when I was growing up and I would love to find a copy.
-S

Anonymous said...

Spoke too soon-- Found it!
http://sapmusic.blogspot.com/2009/11/waltons.html
Now my collection is complete!
-S

Susan said...

S,

You're welcome. Glad you found The Walton's Christmas Album. Hope this makes your Christmas special.

Susan