Countdown to Christmas 2018

Friday, April 11, 2008

Rheims Choraliers We Wish You A Merry Christmas

Rheims Choraliers We Wish You A Merry Christmas Rheims Records LP-6008 Released in 1959
This is my second Robert Rheims post and I have a third one to post shortly. Though I really love organ music, I like the vocals on this album.


Track listing:
Side One
01 We Wish You A Merry Christmas
....Deck The Hall
....It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
02 Angels We Have Heard On High
....God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
03 Away In A Manger
....Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
04 Shepherds Shake Off Your Drowsy Sleep
....Silent Night
05 While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks
....I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
06 The Christmas Chimes Are Pealing
....Here We Come A-Caroling
Side Two
01 Joy To The World
....O Little Town Of Bethlehem
02 The First Noel
....I Saw Three Ships
03 What Child Is This
....O Come All Ye Faithful
04 We Three Kings Of Orient Are
....Coventry Carol
05 Bring A Torch, Jeannette Isabella
....Bells Of Christmas
06 O Holy Night
....We Wish You A Merry Christmas

2 comments:

Robby Hall said...

Thanks for posting this. I have the original LP in great condition, but I don't have a turn table any longer. I have looked to see if it was available on CD but no luck. Thanks to you, I can hear these sounds again at Christmas.

Thanks,

Robert

Anonymous said...

Susan.


Many thanks for this . We have been looking for it on cd for years too. I can't begin to thank you enough. We have the stereo version of this album which has much richer sounds and the background chimes are much clearer. Would you be interested in trying to restore that one as well?