Countdown to Christmas 2018

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Christmas Voices Of Walter Schumann

The Christmas Voices Of Walter Schumann Pickwick Records SPCX-1003 I haven't a clue what year this album was released. I looked on both sides of the record and the album cover and can't find any date. I would guess this is from the early 1970's. On the back of the album jacket, it indicates that this a a Pickwick/33 Re-release.

There is a CD on Amazon.com under the same title, but none of the songs from this album are on that CD and the Artwork is different.

There are 13 songs on this album, but they are on two tracks, one on each side. I tried to separate them, but the gap between the songs is very small. The songs basically overlap the end of one song and the beginning of the next one.

I love the assorted ornaments on the cover. I remember some of them from my childhood and still have some of my Grandmother's ornaments.


The songs are in the following order:
Side One
Christmas In The Air
Jingle Bells
Silent Night
Carol Of The Bells
White Christmas
Patapan
Ave Maria
Side Two
Wonderful Counselor
Wolcum Yole
Mary, Mary
Winter Wonderland
The Lord's Prayer
Adeste Fideles

7 comments:

Inkydog said...

Thanks for posting! There was a 1955 RCA offering called The Voices Of Christmas by The Voices Of Walter Schumann.

Confusingly similar titles, but different tracks entirely.

Anybody hearing this many voices should probably see a doctor.

Susan said...

You're welcome. When I purchased this particular album from a vendor that I buy from, I had thought it might be the original release.

When I received the album and saw that it was on Pickwick Records, I realized that it wasn't the original. I could not find this specific album anywhere online when I searched for it. All I could find was the Amazon.com CD which is not the same as this album.

PDMan said...

The Pickwick album is a reissue of an old 10" Capitol LP called "Christmas in the Air." As far as I know, it has never been issued on CD.

Ryan said...

Thanks for posting this. I was trying to record the LP all weekend (for my own blog!), but my Pickwick copy is in rough shape -- the right channel kept kicking out. Thanks again!

Susan said...

Hi Ryan,

You're welcome. I actually used 2 copies of this Pickwick album. I ended up with 2 from the vendor I purchased them from because on one side on one of the albums, someone used whiteout on a couple of tracks which actually melded with the vinyl and there isn't any way that I know of to remove whiteout without damaging the vinyl, so having 2 copies, I was able to post the whole album. I also have the 10-inch Capitol Records release "Christmas In the Air" from 1951. This is the same album that as the Pickwick release.

ron said...

Thanks !!

Susan said...

Hi Ron,

You're welcome. Enjoy!!!

Susan