Music For Pleasure MFP 50037 Amsterdam - Brussels - Johannesburg - Koln - London - Paris - Stockholm Produced by Norman Newell 1972 A Supertunes Production
This album is very relaxing and really adds to the Christmas Spirit. This was an eBay find from a vendor in the UK. It was interesting that it still had some Christmas wrapping paper on the jacket. I carefully removed the few pieces but there are a couple spots where the wrapping paper wasn't removed carefully and it took part of the picture with it. I hope everyone enjoys listening to this as much as I have. A couple tracks may be lower in volume as after I copy them to my computer, the level is low and I have to amplify it, but in some songs, as the music crescendos, increasing the volume causes over modulation. The volume levels should be loud enough not to impede ones listening pleasure.


The track listing is as follows:
Side One
1 White Christmas
2 Sleigh Ride
3 God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
4 Ding, Dong, Merrily On High
5 Mary's Boy Child
6 The Christmas Song
Side Two
1 Jingle Bells
2 Little Donkey
3 Winter Wonderland
4 Coventry Carol
5 The Little Drummer Boy
6 Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
17 comments:
many thanks for this great share!
It will bring back many happy memories.
You're quite welcome. It was a pleasure.
It is a Great album. We were planning on posting it at EZstackin' too. Nice Job!
Great album, thanks for sharing.
You might want to try warming tape or stickers with a hair dryer before trying to remove. The heat softens the adhesive.
Inkydog
Super! I really enjoyed "Sleigh Ride." Also thumbs up to their lounge/space pop rendition of "Winter Wonderland." Both those tunes worth the effort.
Now, if only I can find a file for Ira Ironstrings' "Christmas Music for Those Who Have Heard Everything," I'd be more than happy. :)
Anyway, super thanks.
Thanks for this! I saw a different pressing in a Salvation Army on the Realistic label. I had no idea that Radio Shack released (or in this case re-released) their own LPs!
I want to thank everyone for their comments. This album post is the original UK release. The US release REALISTIC 3028 is under the title "A Christmas Full Of Love" with the songs in the same order. I don't know if they used the same artwork or not as I haven't seen the REALISTIC release.
Christmas isn't just a day in December; it's a way of life
Hi Susan - the Realistic release has different artwork. If I recall it's a Father and daughter near the fireplace. Very '80s shot. Thanks again!
Hi Ryan, Thanks for letting me know about the artwork on the Realistic release.
Thanks for the post – Geoff Love is ace... I can put this alongside my 'Star Wars and Other themes' now!
Someone named this one of the best 10 Christmas albums off all time and I had never heard of it.
I added it to my list but lo and behold, you have it here! Many thanks!
Capt
Thhank you so ,uch, i have l;ots og Geoffs cds and this is apt for the time of year merry xmas
You're welcome and Merry Christmas to you too. Thanks for visiting my blog.
Susan
This record was played every year at my house when I was a kid. It's my mum's favourite Christmas album, and as it's not available on CD she thought she'd never hear it again. Finding this has made her Christmas this year. Thank you, and have a lovely Christmas.
Hi Andy,
You're welcome. I thank you for visiting my blog.
Wishing you have a very nice Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
Susan
Many many thanks for posting this Christmas cracker! It was often played at home when I was a kid...
Feliz navidad to you, Susan!
You're welcome Senor Mexicat, I thank you for visiting my blog.
Susan
Post a Comment