I thought this might be interesting to other Christmas Music lovers so I decided to copy some cassettes of Christmas music that I taped from the radio back in the late 1970's and early 1980's. In places, it would be difficult to separate each song so I did each side as one track. Some of the songs I don't know the artist. If anyone might know these, please leave me a comment. I've included a text file of the songs in the zipfile too and will list them here. This particular tape was from CFLG-FM 104.5 in Cornwall Ontario. There is static interference from the flashing lights on our Christmas tree. The station didn't always come in that strong so in some places it fades out a little.
A friend of mine helped identify a few of the songs after I initially made this post. I will change the artist's name from Unknown Artist to the Artist's name and use boldface type to show the change.
Side One
Kenny Rogers - Christmas is My Favorite Time of The Year
Fischer Chöre (Hans Bertram Orchestra) from the album "Die schönsten Weihnachtslieder," Polydor 2371 709. - Leise rieselt der Schnee
Percy Faith, His Orchestra and Chorus - White Christmas
James Last - (Es ist ein Ros' entsprungen) Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
Waldo de los Rios - Jingle Bells
Frank DeVol and The Rainbow Strings - Medley: Here Comes Santa Claus/March Of The Toys
Station Promo
Ella Fitzgerald - God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
Unknown Artist (Possibly Rita Ford) - The Holy City
Ray Conniff and The Singers - The Twelve Days of Christmas
Ed Ames - I Heard The Bells on Christmas Day
Doris Day - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Mormon Tabernacle Choir - O Holy Night (tape ran out before song ends)
Side Two
Station Promo
Mario Lanza - We Three Kings of Orient Are
E. Power Biggs and the Columbia Chamber Orchestra - The Holly and The Ivy
Percy Faith, His Orchestra and Chorus - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Heintje - Alle Jahre Wieder
Pete Fountain - Candy Clarinet
Tony Sandler & Ralph Young - Yea, The Heavenly Child Is Born
Bert Kaempfert - Toy Parade
Connie Francis - Merry Christmas From our House To Your House
Jim Reeves - Blue Christmas
Station Promo
Jim Reeves - Old Christmas Card
Jim Reeves - Merry Christmas Polka
Station Promo
Jim Reeves - White Christmas (station fades in and out/tape ran out before song ends)
Taped off the radio one
The Best of Christmas in July from 2025
-
Well, here we are at the end of another great season of Christmas in July.
But before I go, I wanted to share this one last thing with a you, a
collectio...
1 week ago
12 comments:
Many thanks for this post also!
You're quite welcome Yulie2 hope to have more coming in the near future.
Hi Miss Susan:
Thanks again for your excellent music and time, best wishes.
Esteban
Hi Esteban,
You're very welcome. Glad you enjoy the music I post.
How nice...I have a good collection of country christmas album. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do….
Hi Mark,
Thanks for visiting my blog and thanks for the link. I have some of the older Country Christmas Albums.
Susan
Hi Susan, "Leise rieselt der Schnee" (Tape 1, Side 1, # 2) is by the Fischer Chöre (Hans Bertram Orchestra) from the album "Die schönsten Weihnachtslieder," Polydor 2371 709.
Hi Yulie2,
Thanks for the help with "Leise rieselt der Schnee" (Tape 1, Side 1, # 2
I appreciate it.
Have a great day.
Susan
Paul si sinorina from Czech rep.17.12.09 Yes memory's made of this. I do not like orch. songs like Faith,Kaempfert,Last etc. I play on radio studio only orch. ,because singing version were forbiden, don't you understand ? Mariio Lanza I recorded about 1993 from Bayern 1. My first caset enclude An Old Christmas Card with J.Reeves. There' a short story for our children.
Hi Paul, thanks for visiting my blog. I like both instrumental and singing versions of a lot of Christmas songs.
I like Jim Reeves version of "An old Christmas Card" the best.
Susan
Dear Susan:
I downloaded all your "taped off the radio (1-3)" Christmas music. Thanks for all the effort in sharing them. They are a great after Christmas gift. (Though Christmas is all year round) Take care and thanks so much.
Ronnie
Hi Ronnie,
You're welcome Glad you like them. You take care too.
Susan
Post a Comment