Heintje - When The Christmas-Bells Are Ringing (1971) Polydor 2310 148. My favorite song on this album is "Little Toy Tin Soldier" This is the other song that I haven't heard on the radio since about 1977.
This was also played on the Canadian radio station CFLG-FM 104.5 in Cornwall, Ontario. Basically, it is the same story as to how I tried to find out what album this song was on. I just received this album yesterday from an eBay auction.
Though a few of the songs on this album are also on the album from my previous post in German, there are differences in the music, but still very enjoyable to listen to.


Track Listing:
Side One:
01 When The Christmas-Bells Are Ringing
02 Silent Night
03 Winter Wonderland
04 O Christmas Tree
05 Jingle Bells
06 Little Toy Tin Soldier
Side Two:
01 White Christmas
02 Little Drummer Boy
03 O Thou Joyful Day
04 Wintertide
05 Cowboy-Carol
06 From Heaven High The Angels Come
22 comments:
OMG! been searching for this many years.. a million of thanks!! now i can remember my childhood days... lols!
Hi Arnel, I was beginning to think I was the only one who loved this album as yours is the first comment. It took several years to find these albums. Glad it brings back good memories for you.
Susan
I LOVE this album so much. I need to get a hold of a copy. "Little Toy Tin Soldier" is my favourite song and all the music recreates the wonderful magic of the Christmases of my childhood - priceless.
Hi Timotehos,
You are welcome and I thank you for visiting my blog. I was in my late teens/early twenties when I heard this on the radio and remembered it from a few years earlier.
Until a year or so ago, the only source I had for listening to these two songs was from an old cassette and 8-track tape.
I was fortunate to find these two albums from an online vendor.
Though I like all the Christmas songs on both albums, my favorites are "Little Toy Tin Soldier" & "Alle Jahre Weider"
It's amazing how Christmas Music and take us back to our youth with the fond memories of celebrating Christmas.
Susan
Thank you Thank you!!! Been looking for this album for ages. It is the perfect Christmas album - my Mum has tears in her eyes now that we have found it again. We used to live in South Africa and this was very popular there but we lost the original LP when we came home. Thanks again and a very Merry Christmas
Hi Anna,
You're welcome and I thank you for visiting my blog. It's interesting to find where this album is more popular throughout the world.
It took me a long time to find this myself.
I believe I purchased this from a vendor in the United Kingdom and the other from a vendor in Canada.
Susan
Hi,
How would I get a C.D. of this Record? Been looking for it for so many years bring back fond memories. Can also get it in German? Please let me know. Thank you so much.
Ted+
P.S. There are several other Christmas Records of Him.
Hi,
Been looking for this record for so many years now. Brings back many Memories Can you get the record in English and German on a C.D.? There are other Christmas records of him too and would like to get them in C.D. Let me know it you have them and if I can get them Please. Thank you so much.
Ted+
Hi Ted,
Thank you for visiting my blog.
I only have "Weihnachten mit Heintje" and "When The Christmas Bells Are Ringing" on LP.
I don't have any other of Heintje's Christmas albums.
To my knowledge, this album hasn't been released on CD.
There are a couple different CD releases of "Weihnachten mit Heintje" and some are available online but they are different than what I posted.
The artwork is different and there are more tracks on the CD's
I found a website that shows Heintje CD's and LP's
http://www.boysoloist.com/artist.asp?VID=24
I hope this is helpful to you.
Susan
Hi Susan,
Thank you for sending me that website. It you do see any C.D.s of Heintje in his earlier life including Christmas C.D.'s like the one you have please let me know. Thank you so much.
Such Beautiful Memories.
Ted+
Hi Ted,
If I find anything, I will let you know here.
Take care.
Susan
Sorry, but I can`t find the links to download this. Could you help me please?
Hi,
If you find out how to download the song from that L.P. Please do let me know. Thank you.
Teddy+
Hello Everyone,
I re upped the file and edited this post, but don't know how long it will stay and not sure if Google is going to delete my blog.
Susan
Hi Susan,
Let me know where you can Get or Buy The L.P. Heintje - When The Christmas-Bells Are Ringing (1971)
Hi Teddy,
Unfortunately, this LP, has never been issued on CD. It occasionally shows up on eBay which is where I purchased my copy from I believe someone in the UK. They occasionally show up at thrift stores and yard sales too, but your best bet would be to keep looking on eBay or check Amazon.com.
Another place to check would be a used record store if there are any in your area. We don't have any in my area anymore so I depend on thrift stores and yard sales locally and then eBay or Amazon.com.
Wish I could be more helpful.
Susan
Hi Susan.
Great post and excellent quality. I too have loved this LP from the first time I heard it. I used to work in a paint store in Yorkdale Mall right across from a record store who played it continually through the Xmas season. I am certain it was issued before 1971 (as many website say) for I worked at the paint store from 63 - 67. Maybe they reissued it in 1971. My copy of the LP was well worn so I managed to pick up 2 more copies from people and stores selling them on the internet. When visiting Germany I picked up 2 of his German Xmas CD's. (Heidschi B... and Weihnachten m...) Both are available on Amazon.com. They have many of the exact same songs (same background instrumentals) only sung in German. I must ask you, what software did you use to convert the record to mp3's? It did a great job of cleaning up any ticks and pops from the LP. Did the software automatically separate the tracks or did you have to record/convert each track separately one at a time? I never got around to converting my LP to a CD and then to MP3s. Now I don't have to.
Hi David,
Thank you.
I don't have access to any of the "Record Guide Books" but 1971 was the year I was able to find out for this album.
I think Heintje was more popular in the 1960's and I would guess his voice started to change in the 1970's. I had come across a website at one point that listed a complete discography and they also mentioned 1971 as the year for this album. I haven't been able to find any earlier reference to this album.
The album I have is basically scratch free. I use CoolEditPro to copy the album to the computer and I do it in individual tracks. I first save it as a .WAV file and then I use iZotope RX to remove the 60hz hum and any clicks and background noise, but sometimes it makes the music sound like the artist is singing into a tin can but that only happens on a few albums. Then I save it again and then open it with CooEditPro and do a very light hiss removal and then save it as an MP3. Initially I was doing them at 128kb, but now I do them at 320kb but it takes up much more disc space. I have tried other programs to clean up the audio, but CoolEditPro and iZotope RX seem to work best for me.
I have tried to do the whole side of an album as one track and then clean up the audio, but got different results especially if there were more clicks on one song and not on another and then I would have to manually select the portion of the track and save each one individually so it ended up being easier to do it one track at a time.
I have seen a few different Christmas albums under the title "Weihnachten mit Heintje" but they had different artwork and some even had extra songs than what I had listed in a different post.
I believe Heintje is still performing and releasing CD's but obviously doesn't sound like he did when he was younger. He is 55 years old now.
Susan
Hi Susan,
Did you make a mp3 C.D. from your L.P. Heintje When The Christmas Bells Are Ringing? If so can you post the Songs on here so we can download them and Play them this Christmas. I haven't Found anything on L.P. yet. Thank you.
Ted+
P.S. Sure would bring Back Many Memories this Christmas if we could download the Songs.
Teddy, I left a comment for you on your blog about this post.
Susan
Hi Susan,
I don't see anything on my Blog. Don't know where it is.
Ted+
Hi Teddy, when I clicked on your name, it brings up "Teddy" and then I clicked on "My Blogs" and this it brings up "German Christmas" and then it shows
"Sunday, November 7, 2010
Christmas Forever Favorite Christmas Records: Heintje - When The Christmas-Bells Are Ringing
Christmas Forever Favorite Christmas Records: Heintje - When The Christmas-Bells Are Ringing
Posted by Teddy at 8:55 PM 1 comments
Monday, May 10, 2010
German Christmas
Hi,
If you find out where I can also download all the songs from that L.P. Please do let me know. Thank you.
Ted+ "
Is this not your blog?
Susan
Post a Comment