Countdown to Christmas 2018

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Christmas Music I Taped Off The Radio Two

The music from this cassette doesn't have a lot of station promos and at the time, the radio stations weren't playing all Christmas music so there are some gaps between some songs as I had my finger resting on the pause button while taping so I would only get the Christmas songs. I'm not 100% sure of the year, but am guessing 1984 as at the end of the last song, there is a few seconds of Sheila E.'s The Belle of St. Mark which was released in 1984, maybe 1988 as Faron Young "Candyland" was released in 1988. This tape also may be from a few years combined but I can't remember for sure.

A few songs I can't think of the artist and one song I'm not sure if the title is correct. This particular post is three tracks. If anyone knows the artist or title, please let me know. Thanks.

Side One
Track One
Station Promo WGFB 99.9 FM B-100 from Plattsburg, NY
Perry Como - Frosty The Snowman
Track Two
Elmo and Patsy - Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer
Unknown Artist - White Christmas
Burl Ives - The Twelve Days of Christmas
Johnny Cash - The Little Drummer Boy
Wayne Newton - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
Ray Price - God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
Andy Williams - O Holy Night
Ray Conniff and The Singers - The Twelve Days of Christmas (Tape ends before song)
Side Two
Brenda Lee - Marshmallow World
Charlie Rich - O Holy Night
Carpenters - Sleigh Ride
Anne Murray - Winter Wonderland
Station Promo WLFE FM 102.3 in St. Albans, VT
The Ventures - Silver Bells
Faron Young - Candyland
John Lennon - Happy Christmas (War is Over)
Station Promo WQCR FM 98.9 in Burlington, VT (current call letters WOKO)
Band-Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas
Station Promo WQCR
Andy Williams - It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year
A few seconds of Sheila E. The Belle of St. Mark (1984)
Click here for D/L

6 comments:

IgnacioEsteban said...

Hi Miss Susan:
Thank you for this one, best wishes and happy Christmas in july.
Esteban

Susan said...

Hi Esteban,

You're welcome. I think I have a few more cassettes to go through. Some are in bad shape so I might not be able to salvage them being they were cheap tapes to begin with and now being 20-30 years old, it's amazing that I was able to salvage the first two tapes. Best wishes and Happy Christmas in July to you too.

Anonymous said...

Paul si sinorina from Czech rep.17.12.09 mgf taped from past . I begin cca about 1970. When I buy stereo taped mgf B-43 A. We listen BBC World Service. Norwege.Luxembourg.PLR. I have many records with christ.music. The first song was The Seven Blessings Of Mary by Weavers.

Susan said...

Hi Paul,

Thank you.

Please forgive me, but I'm not sure which song you are referring to as "The Seven Blessing of Mary" by The Weavers for the unidentified song.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Paul si sinorina from Czech rep.18.12.09 I found the text of The seven blessing of mary in library of university the town BRNO in 1971. Today I know that was The Weavers from LP, you can too...if used www.Captain crawl.com,than ?the weavers?...The first "Christmas with the Weavers 1951" by Big10-Inch Record, addre..http://big10inchrecord.blogspot.com ,song number 3 . But FLAC you convert on mp3. You will be very pleased.

Susan said...

Thanks Paul, I appreciate your help.

Susan