Countdown to Christmas 2018

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Christmas Greetings From Mantovani And His Orchestra

Christmas Greetings From Mantovani And His Orchestra (1963) London Records PS-338
SORRY EVERYONE I Found out that this album is available on CD and had to remove the download link. I don't intentionally post something that has been released on CD. It was released in 2006 in the United Kingdom on Dutton-Vocalion Records and Amazon.com.uk has a couple of vendors selling it. The reason I couldn't find it before I did this posting was that it is under a different title and artwork. The information on this CD can be found at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Song-Christmas-Mantovani/dp/B000KLNQ4G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1255539959&sr=8-1 It is under the title of "A Song For Christmas" the track listing is the same. Again, I apologize and I hope you will continue to follow my blog.
I was going to wait until I moved, but decided to post this beautiful album. Not to detract from the upcoming release on Mantovani's "Christmas Carols" from 1958 that is going to be released on CD by UMG (Universal Music Group) in November. Please visit TheYuleLog.com (Thanks Chip) for more information on this release. I know that other blogs have also mentioned this album being released.

I didn't remove any noise and only manually removed a couple clicks on this album because removing them changed the music too much and I didn't want to ruin this beautiful music. I did however remove the 60hz hum. The main clicks are on Side Two. The clicks are there at the end of Track 3 and go through the beginning of track 4 for about the first minute but it doesn't overpower the music. I noticed them more using headphone than through speakers. Any other clicks are very minor and you probably won't even notice them. Enjoy.
Christmas Isn't Just A Day In December, It's A Way Of Life


Track Listing:
Side One
01 Deck The Halls
02 Once In Royal David's City
03 Jingle Bells
04 Toy waltz
05 The Holly And The Ivy
06 O Thou That Tellest Good Things
Side Two
01 It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
02 The Twelve Days Of Christmas
03 While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks
04 Christmas Bells
05 Mary's Boy Child
06 I Saw Three Ships

21 comments:

Badgercat said...

HOLY COW SUSAN!

You're in the middle of packing and moving!

What a great present for those who have wanted Mantovani's original music to be shared.

Couple this with the re-release of "Christmas Carols" in November, this makes for a great Christmas present!!!

All the best,

Bob

Susan said...

Hi Bob,

You're welcome. I had thought about waiting but then figured if I had time I should post it now and not take the chance of this beautiful album getting mixed in with all my other albums and not being able to immediately find it.

All the best to you too.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I love Mantovani! And I'm obsessed with Christmas music! Thank you!!!

Susan said...

I feel funny about referring to anyone as anonymous but you're welcome and thanks for visiting my blog.

Susan

stubbysfears said...

"Christmas Bells" alone is worth the download.

Susan said...

Hi stubbyfears,

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Yes, it is a very beautiful piece of music. You just don't hear this on the radio. The only place I am aware of ever hearing this, other than on my album, is on The WPIX Yule Log. Song # 62.

Susan

R said...

Hey Susan Thanks for this nice post. I noticed a few small pops,But converting it to 320 really gives a nice full sound. I hope you keep using that when your converting...I greatly appreciate your work...Thank you!!

Susan said...

You're welcome. Though it takes up more disc space and bandwidth, I probably will stay with 320kb.

Susan

RL said...

Susan,

This is another great share, and another GLORIOUS sounding vinyl rip, so round and colorful and full of presence and life.

Please, I beg of you, don't change a thing! You're terrific!

ronjosiah said...

Dear Susan:

What would life be without the wonderful people like you who generously share their treasured Christmas music to us who love Yuletide music so much? Thanks a million! Best wishes.

Ronnie

Susan said...

Hi Ronnie,

You're welcome and I thank you so much for your comments. It's brings me joy to let others enjoy this music too.

Have a great day.

Susan

ronjosiah said...

Dear Susan:

Before, I felt that I was so queer that I love Christmas music so much and I listen to them the whole year round. I did not know of anyone who loves Christmas music as much as I do. (Well, my father loves it too but not as much as I do, :-) Then I discovered that there are lots of us out there who share the same feelings, sentiments, and principles. Thanks so much for sharing not only your music but your companionship. Best wishes to you. Keep up the great work. We shall forever be grateful.

Ronnie

Susan said...

Thanks Ronnie,

I have always loved Christmas music and I think with all the turmoil in the world today. Listening to this music helps remind us of better times. And though we can't change what is going on, it gives us hope of peace and helps us cope a little better.

Susan

ronjosiah said...

Dear Susan:

If ever I would describe Christmas in one word, it is this: HOPE. The Child was born to us to give us hope to live with strength, happiness, and love. Christmas is a time for us to hope. And Christmas songs always remind us that. Thank you so much for the music you share. You can never imagine how happy we are because of your generosity. Best wishes.

Ronnie

Susan said...

Hi Ronnie,

You're welcome. My sentiments exactly. Hope is what keeps us going. Without hope, there is dispare. That first Christmas was the greatest gift we could ever receive some 2000 plus years ago.

Susan

ronjosiah said...

Dear Susan:

Pardon me for asking, but, when are you going to post new LPs for us to enjoy? I'm a bit excited for more great Christmas albums from you. Best wishes and thanks for making us happy with your sharity.

Ronnie

Susan said...

Hi Ronnie, Not a problem asking, really. Best wishes to you too.

I am in the process of moving and haven't been able to really do much with posting any of my albums.

I'm hoping to be in the new place around November 2nd. I will, probably be moving all my records myself as the mover's aren't always careful. (My records are my most treasured possessions)

The only problem it that I can only carry maybe 20 albums at a time being they are so heavy.

Right now I have a couple hundred each in several boxes and will have to take them out little by little so it will take several trips up and down 20 stairs to load them into our vehicle, then go to the new place and unload them and come back for more.

I probably won't be able to hook the computer and stuff up until after all our furniture is moved and in them start working on my albums.

I feel bad about having to remove the download for Mantovani but for the few that were able to download it I'm sure they will treasure it for years to come. I hope to have some nice surprises when I start posting again.

Susan

ronjosiah said...

Dear Susan:

I'm so sorry. I didn't know that you are moving. Pardon me. Please take your time in settling in your new home before you start posting again. Please, you deserve to enjoy your new place before doing your sharity. Rest assure that we shall pray for your safety and happiness.

I just want to tell you that of all the Christmas music blogs in the net, yours is my most favorite. Of course, with all due respect to my other favorite sites (falalalala, Ernie (not Bert), Hi-fi Holiday, Cheerful Earful, Bongobells, etc). Three reasons why: 1) you post purely vinyl records; 2) you explicitly state the real meaning of Christmas which is the birth of our Savior; and 3) you answer all the mail sent to you ... promptly.

Best wishes and thanks for your very long response. Keep smiling.

Ronnie

Susan said...

Hi Ronnie, No need to apologize. Thank you for your wonderful comments about my blog.

The few you mentioned are also some of my favorites. A friend pointed me to FaLaLaLaLa, it inspired me to start my own.

When I initially started posting, I didn't have it set up to notify me when someone posted a comment to my blog and I was slow to respond. But now when I receive a comment I am notified via email and I try to respond quickly.

Again, no need to apologize and I thank you for your wonderful comments.

Susan
Christmas Isn't Just A Day In December, It's A Way Of Life

ronjosiah said...

Dear Susan:

Take care and I shall wait for your next posts. Best wishes always.

Ronnie

Susan said...

Thanks Ronnie,

I appreciate it.

Best wishes to you too.

Susan