Sorry folks but all files have been deleted from RS and MU. I will not be re uploading and probably not going to do any new posts of my albums.
I keep getting files deleted because of someone reporting them as being illegal. I will probably be deleting both my blogs as I'm figuring that it might be copyright infringement even posting the artwork and track listings.
There are other blogs out there so hopefully you can find what your looking for. I don't know why this is happening as there are blogs out there that post current CD releases and basically everything I have posted has been long out of print and usually difficult to find and not released on CD.
I will be going through all my posts and removing the download links as they won't work anyways.
I apologize as I know there are several of you out there who truly appreciate the music I posted and not just interested in getting "free" music.
The Best of Christmas in July from 2025
-
Well, here we are at the end of another great season of Christmas in July.
But before I go, I wanted to share this one last thing with a you, a
collectio...
1 week ago
14 comments:
Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.
I'm sorry that all of your work and what you've shared is being attacked and/or targetted.
It makes little to no sense IMO...
Bob
Hi Bob,
The one post that Google was notified about being DMCA violation doesn't even show up where a copy of the complaint is supposed to be filed isn't even showing up there. I went through several weeks of Cease and Desist Notices at Chillingeffects.org and the compliant for my blog wasn't even there.
I searched for specific words as well as the complete link for the post in question.
I've emailed Google letting them know the the complaint about my post isn't anywhere to be found, but they haven't gotten back to me.
I don't know if it's because I had a link to download the tracks, or if it was because I posted the artwork and track listing or what.
So I don't know if I will get any other notices even now that the files are gone and the links deleted from my posts.
RS and MU don't even let you know what the complaint is, they just delete the files.
Susan
I can certainly understand your frustration @ the troll you appear to have picked up but hope you take some time to mull things over.
I'm not a lawyer, but I play one at the local pub on Fridays to impress the ladies, so I can't say for sure about posting just the artwork & tracklists but that does not seem to fit with infringement ... without the songs it is more of a cataloging of albums. I think you're on safe ground leaving them up for historical purposes.
Perhaps, going seasonal with the posts would be easier. Pick a dozen, or 2, albums you'd like to share, begin posting in early December and let everyone know as of Jan 1st (Jan 6th) the downloads go away for another year.
It seems to me that the DMCA is a blunt object the government has given the industry to beat citizens without having to stand in the light of day. What ever happened to the idea you could face your accuser, or know the "charges" that stand against you? Seems gutless little douchebags can run amok in the shadows and cause problems ... past time they were dragged into the light of day.
YMMV
PS: Whatever you decide, I do appreciate what you've done for the community and the happiness you've helped spread. Hope you have a (1) great spring, (2) wonderful summer and (3) an even better fall/winter (4) goto (1)
Hi Blue,
Thank you for our comments. The hardest thing to understand is everything I have posted isn't available on CD and has been long out of print so people can't even buy these albums.
Being that they can't be bought other than used albums from Thrift Stores, etc. And it's hard to find them in playable condition.
The artist's aren't losing any royalties on these albums.
I'm no lawyer either but it seems like DMCA filers have more rights than us.
At least half of what I have posted, the record labels don't even exist anymore and there isn't any way of contacting anyone to see if there is a copyright for them or about getting these albums released on CD.
Oh well, such is life.
Susan
Susan -
Don't let these so-and-so's get you down! Everything you've done is above board regardless of what anyone in the Recording Conspiracy thinks.
Thanks for all you've done to keep the Christmas spirit alive throughout the year. Here's hoping you'll be back up and running again soon!
All the best,
-Tim
Hi Tim,
Thank you for your comments. I still can't verify the DMCA complaint at ChillingEffects.org and Google hasn't responded to my email
As it stands right now, if I repost what is in question of violating DMCA. Google could cancel my account.
The Barbra Streisand and friends post was up over 6 months and no on said anything about it.
Take care
Susan
Just a thank you for the work you did sharing. Blogs seem to be dropping like flies. Kinda reminds you of the China-Google thing. Like you, I don't understand why the targets seem to be blogs posting non CD, out of print records. I guess the answer is, because they can. In my fifty some years of record collecting, I have found that the music industry has little regard for their customer base except how they can extract more money from them. Weird Al hit the nail on the head with "Don't Download This Song". Thanks again for your work.
Ron
Hi Ron,
You're welcome.
I don't understand why they are attacking blogs.
If the record companies want to make money, then why don't they just re release all the old albums that haven't been available in 30+ years.
A few companies have been licensing and releasing some albums on CD. (They sometimes change the artwork and change the order of the songs or even add a few songs that aren't on the original album) but nothing that is on my blog.
Though a lot of followers of my blog weren't even born when some of the artist I have posted were releasing albums, they end up loving the music folks such as myself grew up with.
Through my blog it was a way of introducing the younger folks to artist they may have never had the chance to hear before until my blog.
Most of what I have posted you don't even hear on the radio anymore.
Oh well, we had a good run.
Susan
Dear Susan,
I am sorry to hear of your woes with the wicked troll!
You have done no harm and in fact spread a lot of good harmless Christmas cheer.
You have also brought to mind many almost forgotten childhood memories.
For all these things I am most grateful to you.
I hope and pray a way will be found for you to share with us once more.
Thanks for all your hard work.
I don't know what to say. You know, I found your blog because I was looking to see if I could find an old Robert Rheims record I used to have.
You blog was a treasure trove of christmas albums I thought were lost forever. And you blog inspired me to create one of my own that would give people a small glimpse into their childhood.
What really angers me is that Christmas Carols are public domain. No one is getting upset at these forgotten Christmas albums, someone is just bored.
Now all that work that you put into this is gone. This is our genre. We remember it and we share it with people. How dare they come into our little corner of the world and act like it is some kind of burden to have these out of print, and therefore, out of profit records shared online for people to enjoy.
It's just unbelievable. But I can guarantee you if you wanted to post links to porn, they would be all for it.
Dear Hamish,
I agree. I haven't been taking money away from record companies or artist's as what I posted here isn't available on CD and since they don't make a lot of Record Albums anymore either, how can they be losing money on something that they aren't even selling?
My blog postings were mostly pre-1972 and long out of print.
Even finding the vinyl can be difficult. And to find it in playable condition is even more difficult.
Google, RS and MU don't have to investigate a DMCA complaint, they just have to remove the content and it's up to the Blogger to file a counter claim to prove that they aren't violating any copyright laws.
The person who files the complaint has to do it in good faith but still Google, RS and MU only have to remove the content.
I am a poor person on disability and can't afford legal counsel to investigate and find out what, if anything I can legally post.
I don't know why my blogs are being attacked when there are plenty of others out there that share current CD's.
I'm not trying to badmouth any other bloggers. What they share is their choice, but it seems that I'm the one being attacked and as of right now, I still can't read the complaint that is supposed to be filed with ChillingEffects.org.
This is where DMCA Complaints and other Copyright violation complaints are supposed to be filed online with all personally identifiable information removed.
One good thing for Google, they did email me about the "Season's Greetings from Barbra Streisand and Friends" but RS and MU just delete the files and don't let you know.
Oh well, maybe I can find another place to do a blog and store files but not sure what I'm going to do yet.
Susan
Hi Robby,
Regarding Robert Rheims, I had someone email me trying to find how to contact them for copyrights and see about getting these albums released on CD and there was no information to be found.
A lot of the albums I posted you can't even find the songs on compilation CD's and they don't play them on the radio.
All I was hoping to do was spread Christmas Cheer throughout the year and introduce the younger generation to the great music most of us older folks grew up listening to.
My blog may have been the only way younger people may have been able to hear something from Jack Jones, The Anita Kerr Singers, Vic Damone. Just to name a few.
I'm guessing that the post for "Season's Greetings from Barbra Streisand and Friends" was reported because it contained a few songs from Barbra's Christmas album that has been released on CD.
That is the only thing I can think of. It isn't her entire album but it is just a guess as I can't view the complaint yet.
The other possibility would be from Maxwell House Coffee.
There are plenty of other complaints on Chillingeffects.org, but for my blog it isn't there yet.
I was notified by Google on April 5th.
Going back to my True Value Happy Holidays posts, the only one that there was a problem with was volume 22. Fortunately someone else was able top upload them and posted the links for that album in comments and the last time i checked a couple days ago they were still available for download.
I don't know if someone is specifically attacking my blog or what but to be on the safe side, I removed all the links from my posts.
I'm still debating on what I will do with the blog and if I will post anything new using another file hosting service.
But then I have to worry about Google canceling my account if they receive more DMCA complaints.
This truly was a labor of love and all I was trying to do is keep the Spirit of Christmas alive throughout the year too.
Susan
Hi Susan, sorry to hear about the difficulties copyright people have been giving you. I have chronic illness and found your blog just not only a month ago -- and it cheered me up so much. So even in that, your efforts have been so helpful, appreciated, and powerful.
Sad to think, in the bigger picture, that this is all about Christmas music, benevolence, memories, family warmth, and beautiful music -- and even that, nowadays, has to have a kink put into it by mercenary people. Well, I guess that business is business..
But your albums bring back a lot of memories, including of all those old department stores that used to sell their own Xmas music collection albums, and all the love and effort they put into the artwork, graphics, album details, and liner notes on the back. Continued good luck with everything and with the big "suits"! Gary ;)
Hi Gary,
Thank you for your support. I myself am disabled and basically my records are what helps to keep me going.
I'm hoping to be doing something a little different in the future and for now, will leave the old posts the way they are as there is a lot of information there.
Basically everything I have posted is not available on CD and being that I already purchased these albums, some from record stores when they were first released, and others from Thrift Stores, yard sales or online auctions, the artist's have already received royalties on them.
I'm not leaking any new CD's that some blogs and other sites have done. Most of what I post you don't even hear on the radio at Christmas time anymore.
All I'm trying to do is keep the Spirit of Christmas alive throughout the year and help bring back fond memories for people who grew up listening to this Christmas music and also introduce today's generation to artist's that they might not get the chance to hear elsewhere.
The hardest part about all of this is you can't even address your accusers. Google and other sites, to protect themselves, all they have to do if they receive a complaint is remove the post and or files. They don't have to investigate the legitimacy of the complaint.
Thanks again for your support.
Susan
Post a Comment