Countdown to Christmas 2018

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Musical Walking Santaclaus

I'm not sure how old this item is as while doing an online search, I came across a few different ones and the boxes were different too. This Santa's eyes are more Asian and he was made in China.

He works on 2 C batteries and walks and rings his bell and it also plays Jingle Bells, Santa Claus is Coming to Town and I Wish You A Merry Christmas.

In the movie "J'ai rencontré le Père Noël" (1984) aka "Here Comes Santa Claus" (1984) aka "I Believe In Santa Claus" (DVD Release, unsure of year) There was a scene where Karen Chéryl was singing in Santa's workshop and they had several of these Musical Walking Santa Claus'. I have this movie on VHS but I don't know if the Santa Claus is the same one that I have here.

There is a Bar Code sticker on the bottom of the box from A. E. Price Bellmawr, NJ so I would guess this is from the 1980's and from what I can find online about them, they are Importers.

2 comments:

thaundadogg said...

Nice Christmas songs here! Can i request if you have, "Nostalgic Merry Christmas To You". Thanx a lot in advance...

Susan said...

Hi thanudadogg,

I'm sorry, that I don't have this album, but there is a CD under this title that is available on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Nostalgic-Merry-Christmas-Various-Artists/dp/B00004WKEJ

If the link doesn't open, just copy and paste it. When I preview my comment, it looks like the link will work

There are 24 tracks on the CD adn you can listen to sample there.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Susan