We did have a cold spell last week with temperatures in the upper 30's, but no snow, yet. I like the snow, but don't like having to shovel it. And I really like to have a little snow on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I'm hoping decorate on November first this year. Most of the stores have a lot of Christmas stuff out already, but a lot of it is very expensive and now, most of the lights now are LED's and they are on the expensive side, but they do save electricity. They just don't look as good as the regular C6, C7 and C9 light bulbs and in some cases, they aren't as bright.
2 comments:
Susan , I remember when I lived in the midwest we would get ussally a brisk Halloween sometimes raining too..but noway was that going to stop us from going out and getting that candy.But around Thanksgiving and Christmas the temp dropped down and got cold and started to snow. And between making snow forts and having Christmas vacation...ahh it was a beautiful time.Now It can get alittle cool here, maybe, but dont see any snow ,and afew times Christmas Day was in the 100s.But Im so glad I have my memories of a White Christmas.And playing my Christmas Music helps sooo much. Thanks alot...L2L
Hi L2L,
You're welcome.
I remember a few times that Halloween would fall on a day after the last Saturday of the month when we changed the clocks back an hour so we would actually be going trick-or-treating after it was already getting dark.
There were a few times we had to wear something warm under our costumes because it was cold and snowy. I really loved the snow as a child, but now being past the half-century mark, I don't care for it that much and the cold just makes it worse.
It was also nice to wake up on Christmas Day and see a heavy snowfall and all the branches on the trees covered like the scene from the move "A Christmas Story" We couldn't wait to open our presents and eat then get dressed and go outside to play in the snow, but now I'd rather stay
inside where it is warm lol
Post a Comment