Countdown to Christmas 2018

Monday, October 4, 2010

Union Products Santa With List Yard Sale Find

This is a Union Products Santa that I found at a yard sale earlier this year for $2.50

He stands about 40 inches tall and for the age has only a little paint loss, mostly on the back so I don't have to worry about him not looking right when I display him this year.

I believe he was manufactured around 1968 and they often go for over $20.00 on eBay not counting shipping, so I got a good deal when I purchased him this summer at a yard sale. He doesn't have the original light or cord, but from the front nobody would be able to tell.

I'm hoping to start decorating our porch on November first this year as I am usually the first person to start with Christmas decorating and then the neighborhood follows.


R 1 & 2

R 3 & 4

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

What a really great find! I like this one a lot. It reminds me of the great displays they had way back then. I really don't go for those blow-up things that are the rage now. This one looks to be in great shape from the picture. I hope you will enjoy it for many years to come.

Noma Lights

Susan said...

Thank Noma,

He is missing some paint on the back of his hat and elbows, but otherwise he is OK.

Susan

R said...

Ya, I think you have quite a few great finds for your home Susan . Congrats on those deals!! Ive have those fan powered Santa , Snowman etc but Im afraid to leave them out in the front yard overnight ,someone would probably steal them...so I quit putting them out.I have a few plastic molded soldiers and snowman about 36" high.. there nice. But not as nice as that classic Plastic Santa you have now...L2L

Susan said...

Hi R,

Another thing with those blow up ones, is when they are deflated, if it snows heavily, when you go to turn them on they won't inflate or will only partially inflate. Then if you leave them on 24 hours a day, there's a good chance the blower motor will burn out and at over $50.00 for one of the blow up ones it can be expensive to keep replacing them.

Susan