Countdown to Christmas 2018

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Jack Jones Christmas Album (Stereo) 1964

The Jack Jones Christmas Album - KAPP KS-3339 Stereo (1964)
This is the STEREO release of a previous post of mine from March of 2008 To make it easier to find, I'm posting the link for the MONO album here: The Jack Jones Christmas Album MONO

I like this artwork better than the MONO album and was surprised that KAPP didn't use the same artwork for the MONO album.

This album brings back fond memories of Christmas with my family when I was a young child. I hope it brings back fond memories for others too and would love to hear your comments. Please don't let the fact that comments must be approved by me first stop anyone. As I mentioned in my previous post I had to do it this way to prevent SPAMMERS. I am able to delete those comments now and I can hopefully stop them from happening.


Track Listing:
Side A:
Sleigh Ride White Christmas
The Village Of St. Bernadette
My Favorite Things
I'll Be Home For Christmas
Angels We Have Heard On High/Silent Night/O Come All Ye Faithful
Side B:
Do You Hear What I Hear?
Lullaby For Christmas Eve
The Christmas Song
Mistletoe And Holly
The Christmas Waltz
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen-It Came Upon A Midnight Clear (Adeste Fideles)-The First Noel

34 comments:

mellowlandings said...

This is such a rare find! I got the mono version last year and loved it as well; thanks for this one!

-Tim

Susan said...

Hi Tim,

You are welcome. Glad you love this album too. Thanks for visiting my blog

Susan

Anonymous said...

Susan,

This is fabulous. Thank you so much for not only sharing this gem, but everything you have shared with us. it is greatly appreciated around my house (and my parents too!).

thanks for all your time, thought and efforts.

~ Maureen

Susan said...

Hi Maureen,

You are most welcome. It's a pleasure. You just don't here this music on the radio at Christmas anymore. Hopefully, our youth of today will be able to hear the Christmas music we grew up with that was sung by the great artist's back then and get a better appreciation of what it was like for us growing up. It was a much easier time and in many ways a much safer time too.

Susan

Robby Hall said...

all I can say is that there is a different tone with this Christmas music than the stuff they put out today. I remember listening to these when I was a kid.

Jack Jones is a true voice of those days who isn't appreciated anymore. This is a great find!

Susan said...

Thanks Robby,

It's nice to hear similar sentiments about the Christmas music from our youth. Though the current music artists we have today do record some of the Traditional Christmas Standards, they can't compare to what we grew up with it just doesn't sound right.

Robby Hall said...

You're right about that Susan. There is an album to keep your eyes peeled for. It's a release by Decca I used to have called The 12 Hits of Christmas. It would be a gold mine if you found it and uploaded it.

Susan said...

Hi Robby,

I don't have that album in my collection but have looked online and found one one eBay with the same title but it is on UA Records and was released in 1976 The 12 hits Of Christmas I'm guessing the one you are referring to was probably from the 1960's. I'll keep my eye out for it in my Thrift Store trips.

Robby Hall said...

no, that's it. Decca was purchased by UA I believe.

Susan said...

Hi Robby,

Being you mentioned DECCA, I was thinking it was from an earlier year.

The one on eBay in MONO so I will keep an eye out for the Stereo release.

Anonymous said...

Hi again Susan!

Yes, the generic, blah stuff they put on the radio today for Christmas does nothing for me either. I wouldn't call myself youth but being 27 I enjoy this more than holidays songs performed by the artists of today that I like otherwise. The jack jones christmas album being one of my absolute favorites. To me, it is just a shame that the same 10 holiday songs get played on the radio every year. I live for my own collection of cds! Thank you once again for what you have done to make it so very special.

Have A Magical Day!

~ Maureen

Susan said...

Hi Maureen,

Thank your your comments. It is a shame that the radio stations have a specific "play list" that they use over and over each year. If you try to request a Christmas song that they haven't played, they tell you they don't have it or can't find it. Even on cable or satellite TV/Radio, they only play certain songs and not a lot of the classic/traditional songs.

Jack Jones has always been one of my favorite recording artists. I remember seeing him on TV back in the 1960's. TV in a lot of ways was much better than. We had some really good programs like The Judy Garland Show, Mitch Miller, Andy Williams, Bing Crosby to name a few. I'm showing my age here lol but even the TV commercials were more entertaining than they are today. Some were over a minute long and had catchy tunes for them. Oh well, I could go on and on.

Thanks again for your comments.

Unknown said...

I just started a blog about Christmas Specials.

Yulie2 said...

Thanks again Susan. I overlooked an orchid, while searching for a rose.

Susan said...

Hi Yulie2,

You're most welcome. I hope to be posting some other rare albums in the near future. It is hard though because either it has been released on CD or other Blogger's have posted it. I try to search other blog's first before I post something.

Joe L. said...

Thanks so much Susan. I love your blog.

I can't tell you how happy I am to see The Jack Jones Christmas Album here. It has been one of my favorite Christmas albums since I was a kid. My parents had the album and I played it so many times over the years that the when I went to transfer it on to mp3 there were so many pops and scratches that it was such a mess.

Every year I look for it in CD stores and itunes. I really can't understand why this hasn't been released on CD- it's really underrated.

His voice is so warm and the arrangements are so much fun and festive- it really takes me back. I think his Christmas Waltz, Favorite Things, Sleigh Ride, and Mistletoe and Holly are really the definitive recordings of those songs. (sorry Frank and Johnny).

Thanks again.

Susan said...

Hi Joe, You're welcome and thanks for visiting my blog. I try my best at removing the pips and pops, but in some cases it just doesn't help. But this album was in pretty good shape with no noticeable scratches so it came out pretty nice. I wasn't so fortunate with "A Jack Jones Christmas" as there are air bubble defects in the vinyl and those pops, I couldn't eliminate. I have 2 copies of the album and the vinyl had air bubbles on both copies.

ron said...

Thanks So much !! Can't wait to enjoy this with my Mother Thanks for all this great Music you post !!

Susan said...

Hi Ron, You are very welcome.

Dave said...

Thanks for sharing. As Imentioned at your MONO post I love this album. I'd have to say it is easily my #1 favorite Christmas LP. I just wish I still had the cover to our copy.

MY Father just died the end of this August so Christmas music is going to be a little bittersweet to listen to this year. It was my Dad who introduced me to this and many other LPs. Not sure how it will go for us at the Holidays now that both of our parents are gone. Time goes on I suppose.

I look back now, and I wonder if my Grandparents felt this way at Christmas time when I was a kid in the 1960's. By then all 4 of my Grandparents parents had died. The difference being I suppose is that my parents and all 12 of our Aunts and Uncles kept them too busy at Christmas to be sad.

Thanks for your great blog.

Dave

Susan said...

Hi Dave,

You're welcome.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my Maternal Grandparents in the early 1980's. I didn't know my Paternal Grandparents, or really knew my dad as my parents were divorced when I was 3. He passed away in the 1980's too. My mom passed away in 1996 at the age of 70 (lung cancer) and all my Aunts and Uncles have since passed too.

Christmas has always been an important time in my life and spending it with family meant a lot. Over the years we have grown apart and can't get together anymore and it isn't the same being the Grandparents are gone. The Holiday traditions have gone by the wayside.

Christmas is somewhat sad at times, but very Joyous too as it helps me to remember what it was like when I was younger and the family was all still here. Hope the following comment doesn't offend anyone.
(More importantly, it reminds us of the great gift our Heavenly Father gave us some 2,000 + years ago)

Listening to this music through the year also helps.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I've been enjoying the mono version since you shared it last year, but now the sound is in stereo and so much clearer - it will be a real treat for this Christmas! Thank you!

Susan said...

Hi Anonymous, You're welcome. I can't believe the response this album has gotten. Where possible, I try to do the Stereo versions and if at the time I only have the MONO version I figure it's better than not posting anything.

For example "Firestone Presents Your Favorite Christmas Music" series. Volume 1 was only recorded in Mono while 2-6 were both Mono and Stereo and Volume 7 was only done in Stereo.

I was thinking about posting this series myself as I have the 12 albums Mono & Stereo, but have seen them on other blogs.

One I just checked, the download links expired so I don't know if they will re-upload them or not. I try not to post something that another blogger has done.

Susan

Unknown said...

Susan, this is just lovely! I found a mono rip of this a while back, but it's just such a pleasure to enjoy the stereo sound. Thank you for posting this. I've had such a good time looking around in the blog...can't wait to see what you've got in store this holiday season! Thanks again!

Six

Susan said...

Hi Six, Thanks for visiting my blog. Glad you enjoy this music too. Though the Mono album sounds nice, it does sound so much better in Stereo.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Nice memories... THANK YOU!
yanomusic 12-16-09

Susan said...

Hi Anonymous/Yanomusic,

You're welcome. I thank you for visiting my blog. Glad you are able to rekindle some nice memories from your past.

Enjoy.

Susan

Anonymous said...

OMG. I have been looking for this FOREVER. Listened to it as a child in the '70's, can't find it on CD or download anywhere. My sister might have the actual album I think. I have to get it and all the other Christmas albums from my childhood from her or something!

Now if only I could LISTEN to this, well then I would be too excited.

Thank you for posting this entry!

J

Anonymous said...

OMG again! I just figured out HOW to listen to the album! THANK YOU for allowing the download!!! I am so happy right now, you have no idea. THANK YOU!!

J

Susan said...

Hi J,

Thank you for visiting my blog. You're most welcome.

Glad you were able to listen album.

Hope this makes everyone's Christmas a little brighter this year.

Susan

Susan said...

Javieth,

Thanks for visiting my blog, but please do not post any links for something that has nothing to do with Christmas music.

This isn't the place to do your advertising.

There are so many more places you can do your advertising.

I have deleted your comment.

Susan

Susan said...

Kimberly,

I don't understand how you would've found my blog by searching for viagra. Then include a link for it in your comment. I really don't want to change the comments to be approved by me before they can be shown on my blog. Again, I must stress, this isn't the place for such links.

Susan

Anonymous said...

FYI, Kapp did release the album in mono with the original artwork... I found a copy of it today! The mono tag is at the bottom right hand corner, along with the number KL-1399. I now have both versions in mono, but am downloading your stereo version!

Susan said...

Anonymous, Thank you, but I am well aware of the MONO release that KAPP had done.

I have bot copies of this album and the artwork is different for both of them.

If you go back and re read the first paragraph, there is a link that brings you to the MONO version.

Susan