Countdown to Christmas 2018

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Weihnachten mit Heintje

Weihnachten mit Heintje (1968) Ariola 78199 IU. There were a couple different releases of this album in 1968 under the same title with different artwork. This album was available on CD awhile back but has been discontinued by the manufacturer. Also, I think there were only 12 or 13 songs on it instead of 14.

My favorite song on this album is "Alle Jahre Wieder" I haven't heard this song on radio since about 1977 when I was listening to a Canadian station CFLG-FM 104.5 from Cornwall, Ontario. They have since change their format. I happened to tape a lot of Christmas music from the radio and have been looking for this album as well as the album I will be posting after this one, for over 30 years.

I called and wrote the radio station several times back then to no avail. Finally through the internet, I was able to find the album title so I knew what to look for. I found this album on eBay about a year ago.

Though the track listings aren't in English, some are obvious what song they are, I will list the English title translation from what I found using an online German to English translation dictionary to the best of my ability. I am by no means a language expert, so the translations may not be exact.


Track listing:
Side One:
01 Stille Nacht - Silent Night
02 Süßer Die Glocken Nie Klingen - Sweeter The Bells Never Sound
03 Es ist ein Ros' entsprungen - Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
04 Leise rieselt der Schnee - Softly Sprinkles The Snow
05 Morgen kommt der Weihnachtsmann - Santa Claus Is Coming Tomorrow
06 Kommet, ihr Hirten - Come, O You Shepherds
07 O Tannenbaum - O Christmas Tree
Side Two:
01 O du fröhliche - O Thou Joyful Day
02 Am Weihnachtsbaum die Lichter brennen - On The Christmas Tree The Lights Are Burning
03 Kling, Glöckchen, kling - Ring Little Bell Ring
04 Alle Jahre Wieder - Every Year Again (Comes The Christ Child)
05 Morgen, Kinder, Wird's was geben - Tomorrow, kids, you're gonna get some
06 Ihr Kinderlein kommet - O Come Little Children
07 Vom Himmel hoch - From Heaven above to earth I come

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I lived in Germany for a while, and this brings back some memories!

Fred said...

Thank you for posting this. It brought back some wonderful childhood memories of a kinder and simpler time.

Susan said...

Hi Fred, You're welcome. When I listen to these records, it takes me back to my childhood too with fond memories of Christmas with my family.

Yulie2 said...

Susan, Vielen Dank dafür, dieses Album im Web anzuschlagen!(Thanks for posting this album on the web!)

O du froeliche is to the tune of O Sanctissima.

Susan said...

Hi Yulie2, you are welcome. I listed "'O du froeliche" as 'O Thou Joyful Day' as Heintje sings it in English, it is the same tune for O Sanctissima, on When The Christmas-Bells Are Ringing. Side Two Track 3

ron said...

Can't wait to hear this Thanks You !!

Susan said...

Hi Ron, I hope you will enjoy this album. It is one of my favorites

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! My parents had this album and my sister and I played it over and over again at Christmas, starting back in 1970. Brings back some really nice memories. Thanks!

Susan said...

You're welcome,

Thank you for visiting my blog.

I appreciate your comments.

Glad it brings back nice memories from your past.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this. I collect Heintje LP's and CD's but it is difficult to find any.
You have made me happy
Good end and happy new year to you!

Thank you!

Susan said...

You're welcome. Yes, they are difficult to find. I believe the easiest one to find is "Mama" I see it every now and then at Thrift Stores but usually in bad condition.

Happy New Year to you too.

Susan

Unknown said...

Thank you sooooo much for the Heintje music. I myself have had to record music from various sources such as album, cassette, etc and digitize them. I therefore know how much a pain in the wazzoo it is to do a good job when converting the music. I must say the quality of your recordings are excellent and you have given this old music some new life to be enjoyed again by many of our friends and family. Again, danke!

Don S. from Canada

Susan said...

Hi Don, You're welcome.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your comments.

I do the best I can with noise reduction etc, but in some cases, it changes the music.

I've tried several different programs and even use 2 different magnetic cartridges and still on some albums if I try to remove the vinyl noise or turntable rumble it does something to the music.

I'm not trying to get them to sound like CD's and I actually like the very light pips and pops as that is what vinyl is all about.

Though it is painstaking, it is a labor of love and also my way of helping to keep the Spirit of Christmas alive the whole year through.

Susan

Anonymous said...

thank you so much.
A great recording.

I know other christmas recordings with Heintje :

Fröhliche Weihnacht überall

Weiße Weihnacht

Süßer die Glocken nie klingen 2 LP

For more informations look here :

www.musik-sammler.de