Countdown to Christmas 2018

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Received another DMCA Complaint

Well folks, it looks like the DMCA people are at it again. I received another message from Google that they received a DMCA Complaint on my non-Christmas record blog.

So I don't know if my blogs will be deleted or not. I don't know why they are picking on me when they let other blogs post current CD releases.

I apologize if my blog is no longer here. I know a lot of people enjoyed it an found a lot of information about a bygone music era by visiting here.

2 comments:

cp said...

Yep. Can't really understand why they complain about albums they refuse to put out on cd. It's not like most old vinyl copies could compete with a pristine cd copy. I would love to have cd copies of all my old albums (if they do a decent job of reproducing them) but I have purchased cd's in the past that just sounded crappy or were listed as being stereo and were really mono, etc. For instance, mono release of Fred Waring's "Now Is The Caroling Season" which states it is "stereo" on cd cover but is mono! Or where is Don Janse Christmas Drummer Boy released 4 or 5 times in 1960's and probably one of the most favorite albums of all time? Every LP found in a thrift shop has been played so much it looks like someone took sandpaper to it.

Susan said...

Hi CP,

One company, I believe in the UK is famous for making very terrible CD's Hallmark Records. No affiliation with Hallmark Cards.

They don't bother cleaning up the audio or anything. I myself have better sounding 78's than what I heard about the quality of the CD's from the company in the UK.

I also have been fortunate over the years to acquire a lot of LP's that are in pristine condition and actually still have a few that are factory sealed but they haven't been released on CD. Though a lot of Thrift Store finds are in pretty bad shape. I do get some very good quality ones though.

Susan