Countdown to Christmas 2018

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Empire Plastics Reindeer

This was a freebie from someone that was moving out of state and didn't want to take all their Christmas decorations with them.

He stands 26 inches tall and was made by Empire Plastics. I have to try and touch up the paint on his nose but other than that he is in good shape.

He has the original light socket and cord and uses a standard 25 watt light bulb.




4 comments:

Vintage Christmas Decorations said...

I love the little big-butt guy! Thanks for sharing him with us.

Susan said...

You're welcome. I'm into the vintage/retro decorating scheme and not the big blow-up ones or the lights flashing to the music.

There is just someth8ing about the lighting and decorations we had as a child that makes Christmas Magical.

Susan

ohgreatone said...

Hi Susan
I love looking at these "older" outside ornaments that are blow molded. I hope you dont run out of items to show.

But how do you have room to store all these between holidays?
OGO

Susan said...

Thanks ohgreatone,

They do take up a bit of space lol, but my smaller lights and ornaments take up more. I have some battery operated items. Some I have posted here. I have a lot of the C6 light bulb, but only 2 strings with 7 bulbs on each string. A lot of the old Shiney Brite ornaments some are over 50 years old if not even older.

Susan