I finally decided to start a BLOG. I love anything and everything about Christmas. If I could I would have my apartment decorated for Christmas all the year around.
I've been collecting Vinyl Records for over 40 years since I was a child. I basically have every record that I received from when I was about 4 or 5 years old and in my early teens decided that I should start taking better care of my records. Most of my childhood records are scratchy and in poor shape, but they still play. Some are 78's and currently I don't have a turntable that would play them, but I do have a program that would up-convert it to 78 RPM's if I play it at 33 or 45 and copy it to the computer.
I also have a lot of 8-Track Tapes and Cassette Tapes That I am trying to find the vinyl for. Several of my tapes are stuff that I taped off the radio.
Recently, I've been adding to my Christmas Record collection as well as other genre, but my main interest is Christmas. I have a lot of Christmas CD's and if they were originally released on Vinyl I will try my hardest to find them and get rid of the CD. To me, VINYL IS FINAL!!!
Once I figure out how to add things here I will be posting some of my records here.
2 comments:
Dear Susan:
I am starting to download, compile, and enjoy your music posts chronologically, i.e., listening from the oldest to the latest. Though I had problems at first since I can't convert RAR files. So what I did was to do the "learn by experience and hit-and-miss approach." Eventually I was able to download them (whew, ;-). Thanks for all the music treasures you share. Best wishes.
Ronnie
Hi Ronnie,
You're welcome. When I first started compressing the files they were in RAR format and a few people were having problems opening them so I started compressing them in ZIP format. I still use WinRar, but it allows me to use ZIP.
Best wishes to you too.
Susan
Post a Comment