Countdown to Christmas 2018

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Christmas Greetings

Christmas Greetings was another of my Thrift Store finds in Mint condition. Once again, I scanned the album jacket with the shrink wrap still on before I opened the album to copy it to my computer.
Christmas Greetings Columbia Records CSS 1433 (1970)



Track listing is as follows:
Side One
Robert Goulet - O Come All Ye Faithful
Eddie Layton - Hark The Herald Angels Sing
The New Christy Minstrels - Here We Come A-Caroling
Ken Griffin - Away In A Manger (Luther's Carol)
The Philadelphia Brass Ensemble - Medley: Good Christian Men Rejoice. O Holy Night
Side Two
Andre Kostelanetz - Medley: March Of The Toys, Toyland
Burl Ives - Jingle Bells
Charlie Byrd - Good King Wenceslas
Ray Conniff - Joy To The World
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Hallelujah Chorus from "Messiah"
Richard P. Condie, Director
The Philadelphia Orchestra
Eugene Ormandy, Conductor

6 comments:

Vinyl Room said...

Seems the link has gone, any chance of a re-upload?
VR

The Cheese Knees said...

Yes, I second that. A re-post would be very welcome.

Susan said...

The links have already been updated in more recent posts, but I've also updated the link here today.

Vinyl Room said...

Many thanks susan for the upload.

VR

Dave said...

I bought a sealed copy of this LP on ebay before finding your share here Susan. I see my copy has an A&P Sticker on the shrink wrap. Not sure if yours is A&P also because there is no indication of it on the cover itself. Which is something a lot of the retailers did in later years. I know some of the later Firestone Christmas LPs are the same way with just a Firestone sticker on the outside of the shrink wrap.

Dave W.

Susan said...

Hi Dave,

Mine doesn't have an A&P sticker on the shrink wrap. The album was still sealed when I decided to post it here.

To the best of my knowledge, this wasn't specifically made for A&P.

There is a 5 volume set under the same title "Christmas Greetings" but it has the A&P Logo on the album jacket itself. These were release on Columbia Records too.

I doing a quick scan of the track listings on the 5 volume set, the only song in this post that is on the 5 volume set is Robert Goulet "O Come All Ye Faithful"

I've thought about posting the 5 volumes on my blog, but if memory serves, they have already been done on other blogs.

I will try doing a search and if I find they aren't, I will try an post them myself at some point.

Susan