Most of the Christmas Music I listen to is prior to 1972. The artist's we had back then were the greatest and the music style was much better than it is today. This is just my opinion. I am sure other people may feel differently.
Though a lot of today's artist's sing some of the "Christmas Standards", they just don't compare to artists such as Ray Conniff, Burl Ives, Robert Goulet, Andy Williams, Patti Page, Frank Sinatra, Doris Day, Andre Kostelanetz, Bert Kaempfert, The Ray Charles Singers, Hugo Winterhalter, James Last, Percy Faith, Pete Fountain, The Pete King Chorale, Bing Crosby, Ken Griffin, Eddie Dunstedter, Julie Andrews, Peggy Lee, Johnny Mathis, Frank DeVol, David Rose, Robert Rheims, Eugene Ormandy... and there are so many others I could mention.
Please don't get me wrong, there are a lot of new artists out there too that have done their own renditions of the "Christmas Standards" as well as new songs they have done.
Christmas' prior to 1972 was much simpler time. Now-a-days it seems that there isn't enough time in one year to get ready for next year's Christmas. There is so much turmoil in the world today and it is as if people have forgotten what Christmas use to be like. There is just so much violence these days here and abroad. It seems every time you turn on the news that something bad has happened.
I know that times have changed, but it is my feelings that they have changed for the worse. Once again, I need to state that these comments are my feelings and not meant to offend anyone. I truly believe that if people today would understand what Christmas is all about that we could be living in a much better and safer place.
Thankfully, the Christmas music I listen too takes me back to better times. Happier times spent with loved ones. Enjoying the festivities of the Christmas season. I hope it will also help others remember better times too.
The Best of Christmas in July from 2025
-
Well, here we are at the end of another great season of Christmas in July.
But before I go, I wanted to share this one last thing with a you, a
collectio...
1 week ago
2 comments:
I absolutely agree with everything you are saying here. Our world only gets more crowded, more dangerous, and more expensive with every passing year. Bless you for saying it.
Thanks Stormy it's nice to find someone who has similar beliefs. Bless you too.
Post a Comment