Countdown to Christmas 2018

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Christmas With Ed Ames RCA LSP-3838

Christmas With Ed Ames Released in 1967 is one of my "All-Time" Favorite Christmas Albums


Track listing is as follows:

Side One:
Deck The Halls
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
O Come, All Ye Faitjful (Adeste Fideles)
Away In A Manger
Do You Hear What I Hear?
Joy To The World
Side Two:
The Ballad Of The Christmas Donkey
Sweet Little Jesus Boy
I Wonder As I Wander
I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
The First Noel

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan
I trid the DL of Ed Ames
Christmas LP
NO Good
Any chance of getting
up again?
Tanks
Will
WillyTSSF@verizon.net

Anonymous said...

Hope you can re up this album, i always loved Ed Ames voice.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to find the "ballad of the christmas donkey" song sung by Ed Ames with absolutely no luck. You're the closest I've come to finding it but the link does not follow through. I would be incredibly thankful if I could get this from you. If you know of anywhere i can find this album, please let me know. Thank you for any help.
-erin

Susan said...

Hello everyone, thanks for the comments. I re-uploaded the file today so the links should be working

Zhonzyre said...

The file says it's available as an RAR file. My computer can't read the file, neither the ones at my school. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can load them as mp3s, mpegs, mp4, etc.?

Thank you!

Susan said...

Fayd, WinRar should work fine. Lately, I've been compressing them as .ZIP files instead. Hope this is helpful

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! You have done a fantastic job preserving the sound quality while cleaning up the LP noise. My mom loved this Christmas album and listening to it makes me think of her.

Susan said...

Hi Kevin. You're quite welcome. I'm glad it brings back good memories for you as it does for me. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Eric said...

Hi susan,

I tried to download and open with WInRar like you said, but it says the file is damaged..any ideas....

Susan said...

Hi Eric,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I just downloaded the file myself and it extracted fine and wasn't damaged in any way.

Maybe something happened in the download process and you didn't get the complete file.

It should be size 33.9 MB (35,605,337 bytes) and the size on disc should be 33.9 MB (35,606,528 bytes)

Please try downloading it again and let me know if you still have a problem.

Thanks.

Yulie2 said...

Thanks Susan! I re-downloaded the album- no problems.

Susan said...

Hi Yulile2

You're welcome. Glad it worked for you without any problems.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

Thanks so much for posting this! Do you happen to have Ed's other Christmas album, "Christmas is the Warmest Time of the Year"? If you do, would you mind posting some time? Can't find it anywhere on the net. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Susan said...

How strange you should ask. I just got home from a Thrift Store run and purchased Ed Ames "Christmas Is the Warmest Time of the Year". The Album jacket is a little roughed up and part of the artwork on the back got torn off. The vinyl looks to be in very good condition but I haven't played it yet. I will try to post this album in the next day or so. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

Grew up with this, LOVE it-- it's not Christmas without Ed Ames. My sister tried to piece together the songs and burn a disc for me, but the versions weren't the same, so it never felt quite right. THANK YOU for putting this up-- I'll be sending it to my sister as well.

Susan said...

You are welcome and thanks for visiting my blog. Ed Ames Christmas songs have always been a part of my celebrating Christmas too.

victormanalo said...

thanks a lot for sharing great christmas albums....

Susan said...

Hi Victor,

You are welcome and thanks for visiting my blog.

Susan

Horacio said...

Dear Susan:

I've been looking for a long time an old LP from Ed Ames that we used to listen on Christmas, on my parent's home, but I don't remember the title. I've downloaded your "Christmas with Ed Ames", but it wasn't. This one I'm looking for had, between others:

1.- The little drummer boy.
2.- The prince of peace.
3.- Do you hear what I hear (but it was mostly instrumental)
4.- The first Noel

The center label on the disc was yellow, and it seems to said "Ed Ames and Living String". Last year I donwloaded another one, but I wasn't too.

If you would help me, I really apreciate. I'm chilean, looking for to find my old music memories since I was a little boy.

Can you tell me something to horacio0810@yahoo.es ...?

Thanks a lot for your music.

Susan said...

Hi Horacio,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I only remember 2 Christmas Albums by Ed Ames

"Christmas With Ed Ames" & "Christmas Is The Warmest Time Of The Year"

1.- "The Little Drummer Boy" is on "Christmas Is The Warmest Time Of The Year" Side 1 Track 4 which I have also posted on this blog. If you haven't already found it, here is the link.

(You will have to copy and paste as I haven't found out how to do click-able links in the comment section yet)

http://christmas-christmasforever.blogspot.com/2009/08/blog-post.html

2.- "The Prince of Peace" is also on "Christmas Is The Warmest Time Of The Year" Side 1, Track 1

3.- "Do You Hear What I Hear" is on Christmas With Ed Ames unless the version you are looking for is on a Various Artist Compilation Album.

4.- "The First Noel" is also on "Christmas With Ed Ames" Side 2, Track 5

Hope this is helpful to you.

Susan

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for putting this on lineto share, you've made my Christmas!!!

Susan said...

You're welcome. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Susan

Dan said...

Thanks, Susan, for sharing this great music. Ed Ames has a great voice!

Susan said...

You're welcome Dan, and thanks for visiting my blog.

Susan