

Track Listing
Side One
01 Roger Whittaker - Home For Christmas
02 The Robert Shaw Chorale - Carol Of The Bells
03 The Carpenters - Merry Christmas Darling
04 Bing Crosby - Do You Hear What I Hear?
05 Arthur Fiedler and His Orchestra and Chorus - White Christmas
Side Two
01 Julie Andrews with Andre Previn and his Orchestra - Joy To The World
02 Willie Nelson - What A Merry Christmas This Could Be
03 The Norman Luboff Choir - Silver Bells
04 Peggy Lee - The Christmas Song
05 Jim Reeves - Jingle Bells
2 comments:
Thank you thank you thank you for posting this!!
This particular album was a favorite when I was growing up, and Dad always said it was the best version of Carol of the Bells, ever. Unfortunately the album ended up in a yard sale when Mom & Dad got rid of their turntable.
The only thing I could remember about the album was that it had Carol of the Bells and was from True Value. I never thought I would find it again!
Thanks so much! :)
Hi Lee,
You are welcome.
If we could just go back in time to a point where someone in our family had theses albums and we could stop them from being sold or thrown away.
I cringe when I go to Thrift Stores and see collections that someone gave away being the person who owned them was in a nursing home or something and the family didn't have a use for them. (I'm sure they meant a lot to the owner)
But on a different note, if they didn't end up at Thrift Stores, I wouldn't have some of them in my collection and still be looking for them.
My records are worth more to me, not monetarily, but in the memories they bring back.
I just wish I could find everything that I remember someone in my family playing when I was a child and adolescent.
Susan
Post a Comment