Countdown to Christmas 2018

Thursday, February 26, 2009

True Value Happy Holidays Volume 25

True Value Happy Holidays Volume 25 (1990) RCA Records DPL2-0936 25th Anniversary Collectors' Edition


Track Listing
Record One
Side A
01 Perry Como - Home For The Holidays
02 Julie Andrews with the Orchestra, Harpsichord and Arrangements of Andre Previn - Deck The Halls
03 Sergio Franchi - Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem
04 Canadian Brass - O Come, O Come Emmanuel; I Wonder As I Wander
05 Ames Brothers - Good King Wenceslas
06 Florence Henderson - My Favorite Things
07 Jim Reeves - Jingle Bells
Record One
Side B
01 Henry Mancini, his Orchestra and Chorus - The Christmas Song
02 Chet Atkins - Jolly Old St. Nicholas
03 Alabama - Happy Holidays
04 Arthur Fiedler, Boston Pops Orchestra - Sleigh Ride (Mozart)
05 Leontyne Price - Ave Maria (Schubert)
06 Elvis Presley - If Every Day Was Like Christmas
Record Two
Side C
01 Roger Whittaker - Christmas Is Here Again
02 Arthur Fiedler And His Orchestra And Chorus - Medley-Here We Come A-Caroling (Wassail Song) - O Christmas Tree (O Tannenbaum) - I Saw Three Ships
03 Bing Crosby - Do You Hear What I Hear?
04 The Harry Simeone Chorale - The Little Drummer Boy
05 Julie Andrews with the Orchestra, Harpsichord and Arrangements of Andre Previn - Joy To The World
06 Mario Lanza - O Holy Night
Record Two
Side D
01 Kate Smith - Silver Bells
02 Jose Feliciano - Feliz Navidad
03 Harry Belafonte - Mary's Boy Child
04 Placido Domingo, The Vienna Choir Boys-Vienna Symphony Helmouth Froschauer, Conductor - Ave Maria (Bach-Gounod)
05 James Galway with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and BBC Singers - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
06 Ed Ames - Silent Night

22 comments:

Badgercat said...

Susan, thanks again for posting these. Have a great night!

IgnacioEsteban said...

Hi Miss Susan:
Thank you for thin new one, best wishes.
Esteban

Dave said...

Thanks for this run of True Value shares. I can't wait to seewhat's next.

mellowlandings said...

Susan-

WOW! You've restored my childhood! Thanks SO much for reviving the True Value series. I had been on the hunt for these for some time; finding these is a dream come true.

Thanks!

- Tim

Susan said...

You're all very welcome. It was a pleasure. I only wish they would've released 26-40 on vinyl too

Ferry Mulder said...

Thanks a lot for sharing these great albums!!

Dave said...

So what's up next Susan?

Dave

Susan said...

Hi Dave, not quite sure yet as other BLOG's have posted some things I was thinking about posting. I will post something soon though.

Holly said...

Susan, I have been looking everywhere for an album from my youth. It had a dark blue foil-like cover with santa and reindeer over roof-tops ( if I remember correctly) and some of the songs were: Rise up Shepherd and Follow, Twas the Night Before Christmas,When Santa Claus Gets Your Letter, I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day. I have no idea who recorded it- he had a deep voice. Do you have any clue?
Thanks-
Holly

Susan said...

Hi Holly, I don't remember the particular album you are looking for but I have a similar album in a previous post. The cover appears green, but it was a blueish color and foil like too and has a song that you mentioned, It is from my post of March 22, 2008 and I will post the link below:
http://christmas-christmasforever.blogspot.com/2008/03/johnny-cole-and-his-chorus-wishing-you.html

alarson17 said...

I've been a fan of the True Value series for as long as I can remember. I've got some of them on vinyl, cassette and cd. I've always thought Vol 25 was the best of the series. So, thanks a million for posting these ... I download all twenty-five.

I was kinda depressed the year I found out there wasn't a Vol 41
:*(

Stormy said...

I love all of these albums and have been looking for them for years. I'm gonna put 'em all on one super long playing MP3 CD, sit back, and enjoy the music and memories! Thank you so much Susan, for posting these!

Susan said...

You're welcome stormy. Enjoy.

ronjosiah said...

Dear Susan:

I have finished downloading all the Happy Holidays LP (Vol. 1-25, except Vol. 22). How could I ever thank you for the great yuletide music treasures you shared. Best wishes to you and your family. Christmas really is FOREVER.

Ronnie

Susan said...

Hi Ronnie, You're welcome and again I apologize about Volume 22. I tried to do them in order and the either the post got deleted for some reason, or I may have inadvertently missed this one.

Susan

Unknown said...

Susan,

Thanks for all you have done.

I have been trying to find the song by The Ames Brother called
"C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S" It verse starts C is for the Christ Child born on Christmas day. It does this type of thing with each letter of Christmas.

It was on a vinyl record. I can not find it. Can you help me out on this?

Thanks
Lee Hawkins

Susan said...

Hi Lee, You're welcome and I thank you too.

"C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S" was released in 1957 on an album titled "There'll Always Be A Christmas" by The Ames Brothers on RCA Records "LPM-1541 Mono. Side 2, Track 4. I don't have this in Stereo, yet, but it has been released on CD by Taragon Records.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Susan

Susan said...

Hi Rick,

Thanks for visiting my blog.

I myself don't have volume 30, but I have seen it occasionally on eBay.

I'm actually trying to get volumes 26-40 on Cassette. But I don't know if they went all the way to 40 on cassette or not.

I have 29, 32, 34, 37 & 37.

We don't have a True Value Hardware Store in my area.

Susan

ruisenorita53 said...

Is this volume available on CD anywhere? My famiily and I have been enjoying this tape for many years and have made many Christmas memories listening to it. Thank you for the track list. Merry Christmas!

Susan said...

Hi ruisenorita53, Thank you for visiting my blog.

As far as I can find, they didn't start releasing this series on CD until volume 26.

They stopped releasing these on vinyl in 1990 and stopped releasing them on CD at volume 40.

I am not sure how high they went for cassette tapes but I have volume 37 on cassette which was released in 2002

I have seen volume 26 on eBay and other online vendors, but it is rare.

Hope this is helpful.

Susan

Zachary Houghton said...

Thank you so much! This is such a beloved part of my childhood!

Susan said...

Hi Zachary,

You're welcome and thank you for visiting my blog.

Glad it brings back memories for you.

Susan